Thread: charging air bottle gloucestershire

charging air bottle gloucestershire

I took my dive bottle into dive90 last time for a top up, its a double 7ltr, 300bar. it has an in date service date on it but Dive90 will not fill it again as its the wrong stamp or something.

Any one know where i can get a top up please. im in Gloucester and really dont want to be driving miles to find cant fill up.

Cheltenham, Gloucester would be good

Could be that the stamp is out of date for the valve type, afaik there is no twin "surface valve" set up.

Some places used to give 5 years on shooters cylinders even though the they actually had underwater valves, done "as a favour to the shooter" kind of thing as they knew the cyl was only used on the surface,
    but a different shop can say that was not correct as the underwater valve must be tested at 30months, which is quite correct.

If it's not that then you need to clearly get the reason they refused, ask them to write it down quoting whatever rule.

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    I took my dive bottle into dive90 last time for a top up, its a double 7ltr, 300bar. it has an in date service date on it but Dive90 will not fill it again as its the wrong stamp or something.

Any one know where i can get a top up please. im in Gloucester and really dont want to be driving miles to find cant fill up.

Cheltenham, Gloucester would be good
    I have this morning had three tanks filled at Divesafe, Hucclecote - give Steve a call and ask him.

http://bandofdiversuk.com/index.html

http://www.stastraining.co.uk/contact-us

(My experience of Dive90 has not been wonderful either)

If it needs a test, then take it down to the guys at NDAC Chepstow.

'scuse me if I got this wrong but it sounds as though they have some reason to decline to fill it. Find out what their reason is (probably safety related) and get it tested or whatever needs doing. Finding a way of filling a cylinder with an iffy valve (or whatever) sounds, well; iffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Halimede View Post
    'scuse me if I got this wrong but it sounds as though they have some reason to decline to fill it. Find out what their reason is (probably safety related) and get it tested or whatever needs doing. Finding a way of filling a cylinder with an iffy valve (or whatever) sounds, well; iffy.

Nothing to do with iffy valves, think someone should have gone to specsavers. It is something to do with the stamp, even though it is still in date, they filled it last time and then noticed the stamp wasn't the test they do.

Thanks for the heads up with the place in brockworth. I'll pop over Monday and get their thoughts.

I heard there was a place in leckhampton. And one know it?

I have always used Steve at Dive Safe .