Thread: Air match 600 sap pistol

Air match 600 sap pistol

For sale in the sales section.

Mark - YHPM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

These are great pistols, quite rare, but had two in the past. Can be 50 fps up on the FAS 604.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I loved my Airmatch 600 but the cast alloy compression chamber on mine went "bang" and split.

Apparently this is not unknown as the alloy used to cast them from is a little brittle and does not improve with age and can fail when under pressure.

When I needed to find a replacement compression cylinder I was told that there was no known supply of replacement cast compression cylinders anywhere - but I was lucky to find and buy all of the remaining stock of Airmatch spare parts from the previous UK importer who just happened to have a "special" compression cylinder made from steel that he had left over from when he used to hand built the factory team pistols for them many years ago.

This was the only example of a compression chamber that he had left as the standard production ones (cast in alloy) went many years ago as they often failed (even when they were current) and so the spare ones sold out fairly quickly.

They still make excellent collectors pistols but in regular use they are at risk of failing and this risk will presumably increase as the suspect casting continues to age.
    Last edited by zooma; 21-11-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Airmatch

Thanks for the info bob, regards mark.

Quote Originally Posted by XDRIVER View Post
    Thanks for the info bob, regards mark.
    No problem Mark - complete Airmatch 600s are getting rarer all the time (due to the previously mentioned compression chamber failures) so any that are left that are in full working order with an undamaged compression chamber will become increasingly hard to find and may well become very collectible because of this, so although it may not be the first choice for reliable everyday shooting over a long period of time, it may well be of great interest to the collectors.

It is good to hear you are involved with airguns again - I hope you are well and that the rimfire shooting is still going well for you too

Airmatch

Hi bob, rimfire shooting going well if not a bit inconsistent, bit like the pistol shooting !!! . Will try and come over next Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by XDRIVER View Post
    Hi bob, rimfire shooting going well if not a bit inconsistent, bit like the pistol shooting !!! . Will try and come over next Thursday.
    Good news (not the inconsistent bit - it will be nice to see you on Thursday!