Thread: Die hard springer fan looking a a PCP but

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Have you ever seen how dive cylinders are thrown around on boats ?
    Mine's never left the bedroom other than for filling.
    There are robust inspection and testing practises.
    As for the rifles, keep the tin worm at bay as you would a springer and don't use the rifle as a pry bar or a cricket bat and you'll be ok
    The biggest worry is the P1000, its FUGLY
    Robs got it spot on, if a cylinder is going to go it will go at the weakest point - which is the O ring, it will hiss like a battered snake and louder than you can whistle, you may even pee a little, but you will be fine!

The chances of one actual exploding are hundreds of thousands to one, I would think that the whole of this forum, with it's thousands of years of combined air gun experience covering probably hundreds of thousands of guns - no one has actually see a cylinder explode unless it was a controlled experiment. (and I'm not counting seals blowing as above which is scary but fairy harmless)

On the dive cylinder bit - I used to dive for around 14 years very frequently and I've seen tanks get dropped 20ft down a pier wall onto Concreat and not be damaged. I've also seen others doing the same and the valve being damaged and guess what - massive O ring failure which was as loud as a firework - people were literal feet away and cacked themselves, but no one got hurt.

Yep - P1000 is the scary bugger

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I actually got into PCPs first then moved over to springers. The biggest risk with the PCPs is boredom

Pete
    Pete