Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Die hard springer fan looking a a PCP but

I'm also new to pcp's and you just need common sense. I was unsure about the filling procedure so asked and was shown how to at my club. If they were that dangerous a. The nanny state wouldn't let you have one and b. You'd hear about it.

Reliance on an external power source, safe transportation of that bottle and that soulless feel is what has always kept me away from a PCP, Barry. However, with your knowledge of all things technical and your methodical approach, I'd envisage zero issues from your good self and I know you'd exhibit safe practice at all times.

If you fancy one, go for it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post

A few questions, should a PCP be left in strong sunlight and can you over fill a PCP.
    No, but then you probably wouldn't leave a springer in strong sunlight either would you

Yes they can be over filled, each will have it's own safe working pressure (swp), & a max fill pressure, because of how they work most get worse if over pressure & also most work best (sweet spot) starting 5-10% below the max fill.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Reliance on an external power source, safe transportation of that bottle and that soulless feel is what has always kept me away from a PCP, Barry. However, with your knowledge of all things technical and your methodical approach, I'd envisage zero issues from your good self and I know you'd exhibit safe practice at all times.

If you fancy one, go for it.
    I agree Tony the simplicity of springers is what I like, its just that I like the look of the p1000 but getting into PCPs and all of the support equipment might not be worth it

The only real risk of going over to a PCP is that you might start listening to Cher and may even enjoy going clothes shopping with your wife.

If you hunt, get a pcp. If you don't, stick to springers. Simple But honestly having a pcp is nothing to worry about