Hi Denyers,

Welcome to the BBS!

As with all CO2 pistols, there is a compromise to be made. The P226 is very authentic and I too like the heft and of course the blowback action. Less realistic are the faux ejection port, Take Down Lever and Slide release. A plus point is the fake catches are very well reproduced and they look as though they ought to work.

Accuracy wise, the P226 I have is about the most accurate CO2 'clone' I own. I use Excite flatheads and they group within a couple of inches at 6 yards when I shoot rapid fire. Using a two handed grip, the shots strike about an inch low and as the sights can't be adjusted, it does mean aiming slightly high. However, switching to a single handed stance raises the point of impact to the point of aim. I have also experimented with a Parker Hale silencer to add heft and this raises the point of impact to around 2 1/2 inches above the point of aim. The PH silencer is heavy and a lighter one ought to lower the point of impact when using a 2 handed grip. If you decide to opt for a silencer, JSR supply an adaptor for a 1/2 inch UNF thread and remember to go for a fairly slim one such as the PH as a wider silencer may obscure the target during sighting.

Overall I would have no hesitation in recommending the P226 - I love it!

Kind regards,

John