Quote Originally Posted by nikonman View Post
After owning & using a SIG and several of the Umarex models, in ALL areas I'd recommend the latter. Walther CP88; CP99; Beretta 92FS; RWS C225; Colt 1911 (with target sights) and probably the most accurate one, the S&W 686, although none of those feature blow-back action. I have a Umarex Desert Eagle for that! Still got them all! Did own a Umarex Hammerli 226 and that was certainly OK and definitely of better construction than SIG's own version. I'd always go for a pistol with at the very least, lateral adjustment of the rear sight. My S&W 686 & Colt 1911 adjusts for height as well. I use GECO flat-heads in all my Umarex pistols. Accurate & inexpensive at around £4-£5 per tin of 500 depending on how many/where you buy from.

Plenty of good pistols to choose from out there!
Never owned a target sight Umarex 1911, only standard, but apart from that have had all those through my hands, some in multiple variants, bar the Japanese new “SIG” and the Umarex “Hammerli” P26 226 copy (which I want). And the surprisingly not rubbish Crosman CP40 and Gamo P80.

None perfect, all good.

The Umarex DE is stupid (like the real gun): poor handling, bad ergos, plastic, a gas hog, very very loud, (but the pellets are still 2 ft-lbs), but with practice can put 3-5 shots into an inch or two at 10M in one second if you get the trigger control right. An achievement the pleasure of which quickly wears off when Mrs Geezer runs downstairs looking scared and worried.