Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
I've not looked at these since they were released, initially I wasn't impressed and the rifles were a real let down, but maybe time to revisit it. I really like Sig guns, and I think my initial hatred for them came partly from me perhaps expecting a couple of airgun unicorns that in hindsight were never going to show up so I probably was unfair and a little harsh in my opinion.

I might have to revisit the pistols for another look, have there been any changes ??
I agree entirely re the SIG rifles. I have played with a couple at the club and they have a tendency to jam. Also quite low powered and inconsistent for what they are. I don't like the idea of the larger and more expensive CO2 cylinders either as starting a session with one kind of commits you to emptying that cylinder before you leave the range or certainly to within a couple of days of fitting it. Fitting an adaptor for a pair of standard cylinders is probably better but there's also the aspect of more expense...

I have just taken the baffles out of the Parker Hale silencer I experimented with in order to reduce weight and this has resulted in the pistol shooting around an inch and a half high rather than the 2 1/2 inches high it was shooting with the silencer fitted. It also feels more pointable as a result. To be honest, even without the silencer, the pistol shoots accurately enough when I place my sights over the target area and the fact shots impact slightly low mean nothing to the tin cans and fairground skittles I have used as targets.

Kind regards,

John