Quote Originally Posted by Genstabler View Post
I have had a Walther CP88 for a while and am very impressed with Umarex. I have also just bought a Sig Sauer P226 as my second string.
The Walther is a beautiful, high quality pistol. It could have been manufactured in a sewing machine factory. The Sig, on the other hand, though inovatively designed, is agricultural in quality of manufacture, feels cheap and rattles annoyingly.
When I pull the trigger of a pistol eight times I expect eight pieces of lead to go down range fairly reliably. I have therefore decided to return my Sig 226. It looks quite good but it is of poor quality. More importantly it has proved very unreliable. It fires a couple of shots then bangs and recoils but doesn’t fire a pellet. I then have to struggle to get the jammed magazine out, which involves pushing a cleaning rod down the barrel. It may be just the magazines, as the pellets just fall out of them. However, I have tried different makes of pellet, three magazines and a fresh co2 cylinder without achieving satisfactory results. So back it goes, to be replaced by the Umarex Walther CP99 I should have bought in the first place.
This exactly. I had the SiG, and found the fact that the slide rattles constantly an absolute pain. It just screams poor build quality. It wasn't accurate in the slightest, the blowback blasts through CO2, and having tto buy an adaptor to fit a silencer was an extra expense I didn't want (why not just thread it 1/2" UNF?). I actually gave it to my brother, as he is a fan of blowbacks. Personally, I'll stick to my Tempests; they might not be the most accurate pistols in the world, but they're consistent, and even in alloy form are built so much better. It was such a shame, as I had good memories of shooting a 9mm P220.