Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SIG P226 CO2 pellet pistol - any thoughts?

I won a 226 as a prize and tbh when I first shot it I thought I'd be moving it on pretty fast
    after a while it grew on my even though as already mentioned it no where near it's sights aim -I made a silencer and if fitting one you'll need to check the thread as mine is 12x1 not 1/2"x20 although I'm told some are 1/2"
    the silencer made no difference to aim point and whilst reduceing noise a lot comes from the blowback action
    one thing that made a difference was a laser a mate sent me for some parts I made for him once fitted and zero'd it changed my opinion of it so for the time being i'll keep it
    if you can find one and like the sig shape look for a rws 225 I have one and I'd take that over a p226 any day

Quote Originally Posted by --ped-- View Post
    I won a 226 as a prize and tbh when I first shot it I thought I'd be moving it on pretty fast
    after a while it grew on my even though as already mentioned it no where near it's sights aim -I made a silencer and if fitting one you'll need to check the thread as mine is 12x1 not 1/2"x20 although I'm told some are 1/2"
    the silencer made no difference to aim point and whilst reduceing noise a lot comes from the blowback action
    one thing that made a difference was a laser a mate sent me for some parts I made for him once fitted and zero'd it changed my opinion of it so for the time being i'll keep it
    if you can find one and like the sig shape look for a rws 225 I have one and I'd take that over a p226 any day
    I have a couple of 225s, but have always fancied the later "Hammerli" S26 variant, with a grip more like the real 226. The 225's being a little thin and poorly shaped by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    I have a couple of 225s, but have always fancied the later "Hammerli" S26 variant, with a grip more like the real 226. The 225's being a little thin and poorly shaped by comparison.
    Is it that the 225 is meant to represent a p220 rather than p226 ??
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

I have had a Walther CP88 for a while and am very impressed with Umarex. I have also just bought a Sig Sauer P226 as my second string.
    The Walther is a beautiful, high quality pistol. It could have been manufactured in a sewing machine factory. The Sig, on the other hand, though inovatively designed, is agricultural in quality of manufacture, feels cheap and rattles annoyingly.
    When I pull the trigger of a pistol eight times I expect eight pieces of lead to go down range fairly reliably. I have therefore decided to return my Sig 226. It looks quite good but it is of poor quality. More importantly it has proved very unreliable. It fires a couple of shots then bangs and recoils but doesn’t fire a pellet. I then have to struggle to get the jammed magazine out, which involves pushing a cleaning rod down the barrel. It may be just the magazines, as the pellets just fall out of them. However, I have tried different makes of pellet, three magazines and a fresh co2 cylinder without achieving satisfactory results. So back it goes, to be replaced by the Umarex Walther CP99 I should have bought in the first place.

I had a second hand P226 purchased online, it had a good weight and felt good in the hand together with the blowback, however it was not very accurate and I had one of the co2 caplets release all of it gas when I closed the rear grip door. I reckon it was co2 fussy as some appear slightly shorter or with different neck designs, it didn't work as well with the crosman co2 caplets, sold it on in the end.

After owning & using a SIG and several of the Umarex models, in ALL areas I'd recommend the latter. Walther CP88; CP99; Beretta 92FS; RWS C225; Colt 1911 (with target sights) and probably the most accurate one, the S&W 686, although none of those feature blow-back action. I have a Umarex Desert Eagle for that! Still got them all! Did own a Umarex Hammerli 226 and that was certainly OK and definitely of better construction than SIG's own version. I'd always go for a pistol with at the very least, lateral adjustment of the rear sight. My S&W 686 & Colt 1911 adjusts for height as well. I use GECO flat-heads in all my Umarex pistols. Accurate & inexpensive at around £4-£5 per tin of 500 depending on how many/where you buy from.

Plenty of good pistols to choose from out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Genstabler View Post
    I have had a Walther CP88 for a while and am very impressed with Umarex. I have also just bought a Sig Sauer P226 as my second string.
    The Walther is a beautiful, high quality pistol. It could have been manufactured in a sewing machine factory. The Sig, on the other hand, though inovatively designed, is agricultural in quality of manufacture, feels cheap and rattles annoyingly.
    When I pull the trigger of a pistol eight times I expect eight pieces of lead to go down range fairly reliably. I have therefore decided to return my Sig 226. It looks quite good but it is of poor quality. More importantly it has proved very unreliable. It fires a couple of shots then bangs and recoils but doesn’t fire a pellet. I then have to struggle to get the jammed magazine out, which involves pushing a cleaning rod down the barrel. It may be just the magazines, as the pellets just fall out of them. However, I have tried different makes of pellet, three magazines and a fresh co2 cylinder without achieving satisfactory results. So back it goes, to be replaced by the Umarex Walther CP99 I should have bought in the first place.
    This exactly. I had the SiG, and found the fact that the slide rattles constantly an absolute pain. It just screams poor build quality. It wasn't accurate in the slightest, the blowback blasts through CO2, and having tto buy an adaptor to fit a silencer was an extra expense I didn't want (why not just thread it 1/2" UNF?). I actually gave it to my brother, as he is a fan of blowbacks. Personally, I'll stick to my Tempests; they might not be the most accurate pistols in the world, but they're consistent, and even in alloy form are built so much better. It was such a shame, as I had good memories of shooting a 9mm P220.

Quote Originally Posted by nikonman View Post
    After owning & using a SIG and several of the Umarex models, in ALL areas I'd recommend the latter. Walther CP88; CP99; Beretta 92FS; RWS C225; Colt 1911 (with target sights) and probably the most accurate one, the S&W 686, although none of those feature blow-back action. I have a Umarex Desert Eagle for that! Still got them all! Did own a Umarex Hammerli 226 and that was certainly OK and definitely of better construction than SIG's own version. I'd always go for a pistol with at the very least, lateral adjustment of the rear sight. My S&W 686 & Colt 1911 adjusts for height as well. I use GECO flat-heads in all my Umarex pistols. Accurate & inexpensive at around £4-£5 per tin of 500 depending on how many/where you buy from.

Plenty of good pistols to choose from out there!
    Never owned a target sight Umarex 1911, only standard, but apart from that have had all those through my hands, some in multiple variants, bar the Japanese new “SIG” and the Umarex “Hammerli” P26 226 copy (which I want). And the surprisingly not rubbish Crosman CP40 and Gamo P80.

None perfect, all good.

The Umarex DE is stupid (like the real gun): poor handling, bad ergos, plastic, a gas hog, very very loud, (but the pellets are still 2 ft-lbs), but with practice can put 3-5 shots into an inch or two at 10M in one second if you get the trigger control right. An achievement the pleasure of which quickly wears off when Mrs Geezer runs downstairs looking scared and worried.