Thread: The most fun you can have with a PCP!

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

The most fun you can have with a PCP!

Today I finally got to test the Evanix Rex I bought way back in September. It has been a tumultuous relationship with it so far; when it arrived it was leaking, then it was only doing 6 ft/lb, then it was doing WAAAAAY more, and throughout it was twanging like a banjo!

So, leaks and power finally sorted, vibration killed with some Twang-Be-Gone of my own making and then off over the border to try it on the range.

First I will say that this is a very odd gun to shoot, it is designed for high power and as such has a very heavy hammer inside. This creates real recoil and introduces hold sensitivity, just like in a springer! It had been my plan to make a lighter hammer to reduce this, but it made it great fun and challenging to shoot. Get everything right and it makes tiny groups, make a mistake and they open out, not as much as a springer, but enough to notice. The Wildlings at the club seemed to like it too, it's certainly different. I used a whole tank of air and never got bored, that's rare for me with a PCP.

I have created a hybrid with all the disadvantages of both springers, and PCP's!
    This time next years Rodders!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Today I finally got to test the Evanix Rex I bought way back in September. It has been a tumultuous relationship with it so far; when it arrived it was leaking, then it was only doing 6 ft/lb, then it was doing WAAAAAY more, and throughout it was twanging like a banjo!

So, leaks and power finally sorted, vibration killed with some Twang-Be-Gone of my own making and then off over the border to try it on the range.

First I will say that this is a very odd gun to shoot, it is designed for high power and as such has a very heavy hammer inside. This creates real recoil and introduces hold sensitivity, just like in a springer! It had been my plan to make a lighter hammer to reduce this, but it made it great fun and challenging to shoot. Get everything right and it makes tiny groups, make a mistake and they open out, not as much as a springer, but enough to notice. The Wildlings at the club seemed to like it too, it's certainly different. I used a whole tank of air and never got bored, that's rare for me with a PCP.

I have created a hybrid with all the disadvantages of both springers, and PCP's!
    This time next years Rodders!
    Bring it to the next Bash !
    “An airgun or two”………