Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jsb exact express v Air arms 7.87 express

Quote Originally Posted by pelletcaster View Post
    jsb-labelling-numbers-explained
    This could be helpful:

https://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com...bers-explained
    I'm well aware of how to identify using the labels thanks. Am I just stating what people don't want to hear ?
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I'm well aware of how to identify using the labels thanks. Am I just stating what people don't want to hear ?
    No offence meant.

So lucky you.
    I bet for a number of others it may be helpful information.

No offence meant.

So lucky you.
    I bet for a number of others it may be helpful information.
    None taken.
    B.A.S.C. member

And what about "Webley Mosquitos?" My own personal preference even though they cost more than their sisters.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

AA

Clearing this up once and for all AA have their pellets produced at the JSB factory to the JSB 7.87 specification and shape but use 2 brand new dies and quality control the pellets post die.
    They come out of the Die with a slightly different finish but this was not intentional.
    The AA is therefore a better pellet costing more money due to the hand sifting.
    The reason the AA is performing less well when quickly switching from the regular diet of JSB is probably psychological, finding little or no improvement over the JSB but costing more .
    Potentially they have the edge but so close it might be more down to how your shooting on the day or the effects of wind.

[QUOT

I bet for a number of others it may be helpful information.[/QUOTE]

Yes ... I found it very informative, thank you.
    Do I remember another post from a few months back that gave similar information on head sizes and batch numbers etc? But maybe not targetting JSB or Air Arms specifically?

Cheers, Phil
    Gee ... it was cold outside earlier ....

If it doesn't say JSB on the tin, then it's not JSB.
    Goes for all things.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    jsb-labelling-numbers-explained
    This could be helpful:

https://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com...bers-explained
    That was interesting, many thanks !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    And what about "Webley Mosquitos?" My own personal preference even though they cost more than their sisters.
    Andy
    Carefully peel off the Webley label and you will find the JSB label beneath it - Webley barcode stuck over the JSB batch numbers on the bottom of the tin too...

Post #5 goes quite in depth here...http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ighlight=exact

Obviously not regarding express, but I can’t see it being too dissimilar🙂

On the Left - AA Express ( same as JSB Express )
    Middle is the NEW Mosquito which is supposed to be using the same die as the old Mosquito pellets
    Right is the OLD Mosquito pellet

The old Mozzies look different to the new Mozzies and I would question whether they are in fact from the same die.
    The New Mozzies however do look remarkably similar to the AA Express which also look remarkably similar to JSB Express from the same die.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    On the Left - AA Express ( same as JSB Express )
    Middle is the NEW Mosquito which is supposed to be using the same die as the old Mosquito pellets
    Right is the OLD Mosquito pellet

The old Mozzies look different to the new Mozzies and I would question whether they are in fact from the same die.
    The New Mozzies however do look remarkably similar to the AA Express which also look remarkably similar to JSB Express from the same die.

Bear in mind that also while the old mozzies were around, JSB express weren't consistent in their shape either

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    If it doesn't say JSB on the tin, then it's not JSB.
    Goes for all things.
    Except that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    Clearing this up once and for all AA have their pellets produced at the JSB factory to the JSB 7.87 specification and shape but use 2 brand new dies and quality control the pellets post die.
    They come out of the Die with a slightly different finish but this was not intentional.
    The AA is therefore a better pellet costing more money due to the hand sifting.
    The reason the AA is performing less well when quickly switching from the regular diet of JSB is probably psychological, finding little or no improvement over the JSB but costing more .
    Potentially they have the edge but so close it might be more down to how your shooting on the day or the effects of wind.
    Hand sifting !!
    Have you not seen that video of the pellets Beeing made in the jsb factory what do you reckon they pay these hand sifters ����
    They come straight off the production line into big buckets then poured into the machine that puts them in Tins .
    It's surprising they are not more dented as is is.
    Maybe air arms pay for little elves to sift through thousands of pellets per hour they probably get them from the same agency Santa does .
    Or maybe they just stick arm arms labels on instead a and use different but not necessary better dyes.