Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jsb exact express v Air arms 7.87 express

Jsb exact express v Air arms 7.87 express

Hi All,

Are these exactly the same pellets? The Jsb are great in my Prosport .177

Tks

Well JSB make the AA badged pellets, so they are "near as damn it" but whether they are exactly the same lead alloy mix made in exactly the same mould I'm not 100% on.

I'll edit to agree with the two posts below, my .25 will only shoot JSB/AA, but is fractionally better with the harder JSB.
    Last edited by angrybear; 21-11-2017 at 11:44 AM.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    We discussed this at the range a few weeks ago. They appear to be identical but we thought the JSB pellets were slightly harder so maybe the mix is different ?
    The JSB's performed slightly better in my .177 springers at the time !
    “An airgun or two”………

I have always found AA pellets to be softer than JSB pellets and my rifles all shoot jsb faster and more accurately than the AA pellets.

the jsb express have proved more accurate, more consistent and make slightly more power in my springers than the AA express.
    B.A.S.C. member

they are the same pellet this has been covered many times.

As far as I can tell, there's no more difference between them than the same pellet from different dies...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    As far as I can tell, there's no more difference between them than the same pellet from different dies...
    I have a brand new tin of AA express that are very different in appearance to a brand new tin of JSB express.
    The JSB are much brighter in appearance and the AA much duller.
    I've chronoed and shot both through the same springer in the last week and got very different results.
    I've also tried an old tin of AA which give the same results as the newer tin.

The last 2 batches I've had of JSB express have been consistently good

So, my experience is that they are different or that the performance and accuracy certainly is.
    B.A.S.C. member

AA Express arrived this morning, results so far...

Prosport Very good grouping at 30 yds although a bit windy, about the same as jsb express

HW97 ditto

Smk xs 501 All over the place, jsb express give excellent results

Will repeat tomorrow but results so far suggesting I will be sticking with jsb

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I have a brand new tin of AA express that are very different in appearance to a brand new tin of JSB express.
    The JSB are much brighter in appearance and the AA much duller.
    I've chronoed and shot both through the same springer in the last week and got very different results.
    I've also tried an old tin of AA which give the same results as the newer tin.

The last 2 batches I've had of JSB express have been consistently good

So, my experience is that they are different or that the performance and accuracy certainly is.
    the brightness of the pellets does not prove its a different pellet lead oxidises. its the same pellet. you are the one making the difference when shooting. different batches can give different results. that why when you get a good performing pellet its a good idea to get several tins from the same batch

Humans have a talent for verifying their expectations. I imagine that in a double blind test they would be equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Telephonepete View Post
    the brightness of the pellets does not prove its a different pellet lead oxidises. its the same pellet. you are the one making the difference when shooting. different batches can give different results. that why when you get a good performing pellet its a good idea to get several tins from the same batch
    Yeah I know the theory. I buy in batches of 5000 per time.

I'm trying to explain that in "ACTUAL PRACTICE" they are shooting differently and giving different chrono results.

If AA express were better, I'd be using AA Express

If folk believe they're the same all well and good. You pays yer money and makes yer choice
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by scrane View Post
    Humans have a talent for verifying their expectations. I imagine that in a double blind test they would be equal.
    quite right.

Yeah I know the theory. I buy in batches of 5000 per time.

I'm trying to explain that in "ACTUAL PRACTICE" they are shooting differently and giving different chrono results.

If AA express were better, I'd be using AA Express

If folk believe they're the same all well and good. You pays yer money and makes yer choice
    yes indeed.

I have a brand new tin of AA express that are very different in appearance to a brand new tin of JSB express...

jsb-labelling-numbers-explained
    This could be helpful:

https://airgunaccuracy.wordpress.com...bers-explained