Thread: Walther LP53 rear sight blade

Walther LP53 rear sight blade

I'm missing one of the rear sight blades, It’s the ‘trapezoidal’ one.

if someone has a spare blade(s) or even a broken rear sight then I'd be interested in purchasing. Ideally I’d like the one above, but would take any to fill in the ‘slot’ in the box!

I was told HW rear sight blades are the same?

cheers

Ps: can anyone confirm how long Walther made the smooth finish before moving to the crackle finish?

Protek

Protek in Bognor specialize in LP53 amongst other things; worth giving them a call, even though they don't list stock of sight blades at the moment. They should be able to answer your other question too. http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/walther-spares.html

P.S. I recently fired a friend's 53 for the first time, a sublime experience.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    HW rearsights are SIMILAR but not the same. You will need a bolt/screw that fits the '53 for a start. Then the hole in the HW sight is too large, so you need to fix a blanking plate over the hole and drill a smaller hole in it.

Otherwise it is an easy fix and works fine, although you might want to get one of the later HW sights that has a square notch in it.

Useful info if the original rear sight is missing/broken.

Does the hw rear sight have a removable blade as this is the only bit I actually need?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Discocom View Post
    Useful info if the original rear sight is missing/broken.

Does the hw rear sight have a removable blade as this is the only bit I actually need?
    I think it is rivetted on, the main blade, and on the later ones it has another plate attached with screws to make the notch changeable. I will have a look in the bits box.