Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scope and mounts for a gas ram.......

Quote Originally Posted by TORNADOS7 View Post
    Never had a springer destroy a scope, the only springers I've had that have never duffed a scope are either seriously under powered, have had some work done (usually after duffing a scope up) or either of my TX's, the rest have torn scopes to bits, please do tell me your secret !...
    only just seen this. Sorry.
    I haven't used a factory spec springer for 25 years or so. All mine see some work before use. I always use Sportsmatch or BKL mounts on my rifles.
    I've had 3 theoben rammers over the years, a scirocco, a fenman and an evolution and none damaged a scope.
    I put an aftermarket ram in a brum lightning about 3 or 4 years ago. That didnt damage a scope either. Not accurate but that was the rifle. The scope lived and went on another rifle.
    In the late 80's early 90's I had a raft of FAC 80's and an FAC Diana 52 that never damaged a scope.
    More recently innumerable HW springers, 99's, 95's, 57's 80's, a few TX's and Diana 52 and my current Diana 280's and guess what ? No scope damage.

As for scope choice, I don't use scopes with AO or side PA. Just fixed parallax. That may have something to do with it. My scopes of choice for the last 3 or 4 years have been the 4x32 and 3-9x40 BSA essential. Never damaged one. Prior to that I used mainly Bushnell sportsmans.

I may just be very lucky
    B.A.S.C. member

Well an old Chinese Simmons 3-9x40 stood up to the recoil today without losing Zero once tuned in. Just need to work on optimising the trigger now!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

A late 90's .22 Scirocco with a Bushnell Sportsman 3-9x40 in a dampa mount did everything I asked of it and much more. Flattered me to be honest. Absolute precision and reliability from about 15 years ago.