Thread: Barrel bands

Barrel bands

Going through my box of nik-naks, I came across a split barrel band but without the two grub screws that fixes them together. Any idea as to the sizes and where to obtain them from ?
    Cheers.

Not exactly sure what you mean ... do you mean the band that you can fasten a sling fitting to? Any idea of make?
    My guess is that if the band is UK or European in origin then thread will be metric, if it comes from the USA then it could be imperial thread.
    Any chance you could take it to your friendly tool shop and try a bolt or even grub screw for size? My guess it 2 or 3mm.
    Cheers, Phil

If it is the barrel sling attachment (uncle mikes ?) one of the screws is hollow for the sling pin, I'd be very surprised if you can buy one of those at a price that's worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    If it is the barrel sling attachment (uncle mikes ?) one of the screws is hollow for the sling pin, I'd be very surprised if you can buy one of those at a price that's worth the effort.
    You're quite right. One grub screw required.

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    You're quite right. One grub screw required.
    If it is the uncle Mikes barrel band, the grub screws are generally made of cheese so I replace them with an allen headed bolt from the top of a scope mount.
    The hollow one you have little chance of replacing. That is there to tension the band for varying diameter barrels and to let the swivel pin pass through
    B.A.S.C. member