Thread: Just starting up target shooting help please

Just starting up target shooting help please

just after some friendly advise and a push in the rite direction for a mid range budget setup?
    im thinking along the lines of something light like an s200 or s400
    any thoughts would be much appreciated
    thanks

You need to post in general airgun really..
    S400 is a better bet imo, go for a 'Classic' as the shot count is better, unless you are after a light rifle, then go for the carbine!
    only buy .177 unless you have masochistic tendency's...
    Join a Club!! that is the best advice i can give you!
    Goodluck, Mike
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Had a S400 for 2 years, accurate reliable and nice to shoot, cheap to look after and easy to resell.

Ideally - try them out for size / fit / form / function / trigger. Best chance of that is joining a club.

No point just shouldering a few guns in a gunshop. Well, that can help a bit I suppose - but not much.

: )

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    I have an S200 and I'm very happy with it...but both the 400 and 200 do the job.
    Best advice is from Mike - join a club first, most people are happy to chat about their guns with good & bad and are nearly always happy to let you have a try of theirs.... This will save you making the wrong choice and might even put you on to one for sale.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Try giving a bit more detail:

What will it be used for - is it targets exclusively, and what kind - high accuracy paper punching or silhouette type FT/HFT or plinking?

Budget - and does this include scope, mounts, filling cylinder, carry case etc......

What is important to you - calibre/shot count/weight/single/multi shot......

There are just so many variables that will give you the wrong answer unless you narrow it down a bit, then you will get a much better and more appropriate answer.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Go to a club and speak to some of the guys there, we are a friendly bunch and I am sure the guys will be happy for you to shoot a few pellets on the range with their rifles or club gun.

That would give you a better idea what is best for you.
    Air Arms TX200