Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 95 or 98

95 or 98

if you were to put a 98 barrel on a 95 and then a 98 stock would that then be the same as a 98.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yes, they are the same action in different frocks
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Aye, the model number is on the breech block - so whether it say's it's a 95 or 98 - depends on which barrel you fit.

HW also do a 98 in the 95 Lux stock, and a 98 with iron sights - for the Europeans. : )

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yes, they are the same action in different frocks
    well when my 95 arrives no matter how well i get on with it i am going to get a 98 barrel in .177 so that i am getting 2 guns with a little work for the price of 1. chambers have the barrels for about £100

If you've held/used both guns, ignore this , but I was surprised how front heavy the 98 feels, it may be a good thing if the 95 suffers with muzzle flip tho.
    Rust never sleeps !

Quote Originally Posted by El Garro View Post
    If you've held/used both guns, ignore this , but I was surprised how front heavy the 98 feels, it may be a good thing if the 95 suffers with muzzle flip tho.
    precisely.

I find the 98 just too heavy. For most shooters the 95 does have problem with muzzle flip which I found can be cured by a heavy muzzle weight. This doesn't add as much weight as a shroud but the weight is in the right place to cure flipping. For me the main appeal of a 98 is the fantastic fully adjustable stock not the shrouded barrel.
    To the OP I strongly advise you to try a heavy muzzle weight before shelling out on a new barrel.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    I find the 98 just too heavy. For most shooters the 95 does have problem with muzzle flip which I found can be cured by a heavy muzzle weight. This doesn't add as much weight as a shroud but the weight is in the right place to cure flipping. For me the main appeal of a 98 is the fantastic fully adjustable stock not the shrouded barrel.
    To the OP I strongly advise you to try a heavy muzzle weight before shelling out on a new barrel.
    Ive had a 95 in .177. Ive tried all the tricks except a tinbum barrel sleeve but the muzzle flip persisted. Now waiting for a .20.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Grab one of these before the Brexit stops delivery to your door...

The Weihrauch HW 98 Luxus, 'Field Target'. Best of both worlds and darn purty too.

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...ducts_id/22476

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de....php/pID/22476

Weihrauch also do an HW95 Supermatch, which looks identical the the HW98 except for the fact that it has open sights as well. Pretty and functional, but there's not many of them in the UK to the best of my knowledge.

Vic Thompson.

My 98 in .22 handles nicer than my 77 Laminate. The guns are approx the same weight but the 98 just feels a lttle bit sweeter.
    Don't find the 98 muzzle heavy IMHO.

GOld trigger

Haznt the 95 got a gold trigger n screw,98 is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The Weihrauch HW 98 Luxus, 'Field Target'. Best of both worlds and darn purty too.

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de...ducts_id/22476

https://www.versandhaus-schneider.de....php/pID/22476
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Weihrauch also do an HW95 Supermatch, which looks identical the the HW98 except for the fact that it has open sights as well. Pretty and functional, but there's not many of them in the UK to the best of my knowledge.

Vic Thompson.
    Stop it! Far too much loveliness going on here! I have far too many guns, many of which never see the light of day, so I really don't need any more! But "need" isn't the same as "want", is it? Two more lovely HWs to drool over.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Stop it! Far too much loveliness going on here! I have far too many guns, many of which never see the light of day, so I really don't need any more! But "need" isn't the same as "want", is it? Two more lovely HWs to drool over.......
    I've just filled up to buckets of vomit

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've just filled up to buckets of vomit

Pete
    Hee hee hee! I could have guessed what sort of reaction this may have received from you, Pete! But, remember, I'll also be the (proud?) owner of a Supersport soon!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!