Thread: 95 or 98

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

95 or 98

if you were to put a 98 barrel on a 95 and then a 98 stock would that then be the same as a 98.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Yes, they are the same action in different frocks
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Aye, the model number is on the breech block - so whether it say's it's a 95 or 98 - depends on which barrel you fit.

HW also do a 98 in the 95 Lux stock, and a 98 with iron sights - for the Europeans. : )

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Yes, they are the same action in different frocks
    well when my 95 arrives no matter how well i get on with it i am going to get a 98 barrel in .177 so that i am getting 2 guns with a little work for the price of 1. chambers have the barrels for about £100

If you've held/used both guns, ignore this , but I was surprised how front heavy the 98 feels, it may be a good thing if the 95 suffers with muzzle flip tho.
    Rust never sleeps !

Quote Originally Posted by El Garro View Post
    If you've held/used both guns, ignore this , but I was surprised how front heavy the 98 feels, it may be a good thing if the 95 suffers with muzzle flip tho.
    precisely.

I find the 98 just too heavy. For most shooters the 95 does have problem with muzzle flip which I found can be cured by a heavy muzzle weight. This doesn't add as much weight as a shroud but the weight is in the right place to cure flipping. For me the main appeal of a 98 is the fantastic fully adjustable stock not the shrouded barrel.
    To the OP I strongly advise you to try a heavy muzzle weight before shelling out on a new barrel.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.