Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 95 or 98

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    But, remember, I'll also be the (proud?) owner of a Supersport soon!
    No use creeping, it's too late, the damage has been done, just because you've recently added a couple of British rifles to your collection, you think that's going to smooth things over between us

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I've just filled up to buckets of vomit

Pete
    Only because you've been eating too many frozen Crunchie bars, 'cos chewing them reminds you of the trigger pull on a BSA Super Sport ....

going to stick with the plan. the 98 barrel shortens the 95 beautifuly and as i bench rest the weight is not an issue. i can afford the £100 ish. and have the best of two guns and two calibres. and i can put a tinbum barrel sleeve on the 95 barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Only because you've been eating too many frozen Crunchie bars, 'cos chewing them reminds you of the trigger pull on a BSA Super Sport ....
    Do what, that doesn't even make sense

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

No use creeping, it's too late, the damage has been done, just because you've recently added a couple of British rifles to your collection, you think that's going to smooth things over between us

Pete
    Hee hee hee!

Still love ya, Pete. xxxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Do what, that doesn't even make sense

Pete
    Super Sport triggers are gritty, crunchy, unpredictable, make your teeth hurt and induce vomiting. C'est vrai, non?

Super Sport triggers are gritty, crunchy, unpredictable, make your teeth hurt and induce vomiting. C'est vrai, non?
    To be honest the Supersport (original style) I had was tuned by SFS and had a Superstar trigger conversion so was pretty damn good, I do have to partly agree with you with the later Spanish XL versions, reminds me of my ex-wife, unpredictable and when it finally went off it made a hell of noise

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Telephonepete View Post
    Ive had a 95 in .177. Ive tried all the tricks except a tinbum barrel sleeve but the muzzle flip persisted. Now waiting for a .20.
    The .20 has the same problem.
    I've had mine put down to 10 1/2 ft lb which cured it and made it a much nicer, accurate rifle.
    H&N ftt pellets.

To be honest the Supersport (original style) I had was tuned by SFS and had a Superstar trigger conversion so was pretty damn good

Pete
    You can put a SuperStar trigger in a SuperSport? They ought to have done that in the factory.. but good to know there is an upgrade.

You can put a SuperStar trigger in a SuperSport? They ought to have done that in the factory.. but good to know there is an upgrade.
    Yep it was a conversion Tony at SFS used to do, not sure if the parts are available anymore from BSA or the parts dealers, I think you can only do it with the earlier Brum made 'Sports and Lightnings as the trigger cages are different on the later ones, well worth doing though if you can get the bits.

Pete