Thread: HAwke AMX ret

HAwke AMX ret

Looks about the same as mtc scb any thoughts.........yes you can tell I'm board

Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    Looks about the same as mtc scb any thoughts.........yes you can tell I'm board
    It is a simpler form of the Hawke's own 10X1/2 or 20 X1/2 floating mildot reticule with some windage indicatiors which has never divulged its secret to me.

A.G

Re

I quite like the hawke 1/2 milldot,tho I like the mtc scb ret,what some people call cluttered I like!

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    It is a simpler form of the Hawke's own 10X1/2 or 20 X1/2 floating mildot reticule with some windage indicatiors which has never divulged its secret to me.

A.G
    https://www.hawkeoptics.com/hawke/re...X-IR-info2.svg

Both the AMX and AMX IR glass etched reticles are based on the spacing of a 10x Mil Dot. The AMX offers multiple aim points, useful when shooting air guns with loopy trajectories.

Half Mil Dot spacing on the lower post provides increased aim points for long shots.

The horizontal bars are calculated at 0.5, 1.5, 2.5, 3.5 and 4.5 mil spacing. Hollow posts are segmented into mil spacing and can be used for bracketing.

Hawke far better ,simply to read imo ,mtc is fussy lines everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post

A.G
    The windage lines just give a reference point, it's still up to you to figure out how many dots are required
    although on paper it's easy to see how far off POI is from POA.

I really like the AMX ret on my 6-24 Airmax.

SR6