Thread: Info about Daystate action sizes

Info about Daystate action sizes

Where can I find info about the dimensions of the action of a MK IV please? Please don't refer me to that Daystate forum or the other or the Daystate. They are as useful as a spare ***k in an ***y.

Regards,

A.G

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Where can I find info about the dimensions of the action of a MK IV please? Please don't refer me to that Daystate forum or the other or the Daystate. They are as useful as a spare ***k in an ***y.

Regards,

A.G
    Let me know specificaly what your looking for and I'll measure one of mine for you. I'm no expert, but I have a steel rule, so can do basics if that is all you need, I would not trust my measurements if your milling something though, but your also free to drop by and take as many measurements as you like?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Let me know specificaly what your looking for and I'll measure one of mine for you. I'm no expert, but I have a steel rule, so can do basics if that is all you need, I would not trust my measurements if your milling something though, but your also free to drop by and take as many measurements as you like?

James
    Thanks James for the offer. I was specifically wanted to know if I could drop a Huntsman Regal into a MK IV stock. That is why I needed the measurements.

Kind Regards,

ali

Hi Ali . try a stock maker and see if they have the sizes . but not LP you will be waiting for around 2 years for an answer

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Thanks James for the offer. I was specifically wanted to know if I could drop a Huntsman Regal into a MK IV stock. That is why I needed the measurements.

Kind Regards,

ali
    No problem, I've got both, I'll have a go and let you know.

James

Hi Lensman57

It's not even close:

The first picture is of the Regal stock and the MK4 action, the second is the same, you can clearly see the battery protruding below the actual Regal stock.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The batter won't physically fit, and there is not enough stock in the Regal to even try it. The stock bolts are also bigger and a different thread in the MK4, and there is a whole where the Regals gauge is. Side by side you can see the depth difference in the two stocks, it's out by best part of a couple of inches.

Hope this helps.

James

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Hi Lensman57

It's not even close:

The first picture is of the Regal stock and the MK4 action, the second is the same, you can clearly see the battery protruding below the actual Regal stock.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

The batter won't physically fit, and there is not enough stock in the Regal to even try it. The stock bolts are also bigger and a different thread in the MK4, and there is a whole where the Regals gauge is. Side by side you can see the depth difference in the two stocks, it's out by best part of a couple of inches.

Hope this helps.

James
    Hi James,

Thank you very much. You have helped a lot.

Kind Regards,

A.G