Thread: Crosman wildfire rifle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The smart looks of this will likely sucker a few into buying.
    The mag / breech design and the inefficiency of these means there is too much air loss for it to be anything other than a plinker. Very low power and power that drops off steeply with each shot.
    And a very expensive plinker at that.
    The Crosman fans will likely try to improve on this but I'd doubt any will have much success.
    The Benjamin discovery is still knocking around in some shops at £250 and a much more useable rifle though only single shot.
    Can't see the point of rapid fire if you struggle to hit anything
    B.A.S.C. member

I expect if I got one cheap I would enjoy it for a while before getting a nagging feeling I should have spent more on a co2 Winchester pastiche!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Fine for what it is (a fun plinking gun) and probably a natural extension of the 1077 from Crosman's point of view. Okay at the US price but 'naaaaaa' for the UK one (IMO). I can see some appeal in guns like this, the CX4 storm and the sigs but I've always struggled with the cost: a cost which the manufacturers and retailers are perfectly entitled to set.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

So if you buy that for £109 you can buy approx 600 co2 carridges with the change! that would take some shooting to get through them!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    So if you buy that for £109 you can buy approx 600 co2 carridges with the change! that would take some shooting to get through them!
    I read the PellPax page too quickly and thought it said 'Compromise and Buy' ... actually Customise.