Thread: Crosman wildfire rifle

Crosman wildfire rifle

£300 for a 1077 with an air tube

Mad
    Mad
    Mad

Not even that powerful or accurate! Will anyone buy one?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    £300 for a 1077 with an air tube

Mad
    Mad
    Mad

Not even that powerful or accurate! Will anyone buy one?
    It's nowhere near as expensive as that in the USA. Although it is not a semi-auto as claimed but a revolver and a tacky one at that, OK for a plinker but probably boring after 20 shots or so.... you'd be better off with a BSA Cadet.

https://www.airgundepot.com/benjamin...air-rifle.html ... its less than £100 on sale over there.

I had a play with one of these on Saturday and to be honest it was great fun, accurate enough at 20 yards to hit shotgun cartridges with open sights and quite pokey.

B.A.R are doing them for £250.00 and I would far rather have one of these than the Sig mpx I bought which is quite frankly shi*te

Andy

Indeed.
    1077 always fun and I assume this one will be.
    If it can be found for under £300 there isn't much to compare it with?

I just cannot see it, i own a 1077 and it comes out every so often for a plink and for £100 its ok.

The concept of saving on co2 is lost on me though, after a couple of mags my finger is done with the trigger being sooo hard to pull. Then you have to buy filling gear for a fortune or a pump and having to re pump it up just seems pointless and would rather dump out the empty co2 and bung another in and be off again.

What about one of the smk pcps multi shot and cheaper, are they as bad as the b2!

I have the SMK 900 which is a good little rifle.

But it is bolt action and the mag is annoying to load and not slick to operate.
    So I use it single shot.

I think it is over £200 now unless you live near the bulk buyers.

I would imagine the Crosman will be better built but who knows these days?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I have the SMK 900 which is a good little rifle.
    Far nicer than the Crosman, it is aspiring to be a proper rifle whereas the wildfire is a plinker through and through.

The 900 is a great choice for young starters or old geezers.
    Cheap ,light , powerful and accurate - has open sights too.

But I recall being very impressed with a friends 1077 belting empty shottie cartridges all over the range.
    So I'm interested to see the newcomer.

If it we're £150 I could understand it, but at £250 it seems too much. I wonder if I could get friends who are holidaying in America next year to buy one and post it to me?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

The smart looks of this will likely sucker a few into buying.
    The mag / breech design and the inefficiency of these means there is too much air loss for it to be anything other than a plinker. Very low power and power that drops off steeply with each shot.
    And a very expensive plinker at that.
    The Crosman fans will likely try to improve on this but I'd doubt any will have much success.
    The Benjamin discovery is still knocking around in some shops at £250 and a much more useable rifle though only single shot.
    Can't see the point of rapid fire if you struggle to hit anything
    B.A.S.C. member

I expect if I got one cheap I would enjoy it for a while before getting a nagging feeling I should have spent more on a co2 Winchester pastiche!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Fine for what it is (a fun plinking gun) and probably a natural extension of the 1077 from Crosman's point of view. Okay at the US price but 'naaaaaa' for the UK one (IMO). I can see some appeal in guns like this, the CX4 storm and the sigs but I've always struggled with the cost: a cost which the manufacturers and retailers are perfectly entitled to set.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

So if you buy that for £109 you can buy approx 600 co2 carridges with the change! that would take some shooting to get through them!

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    So if you buy that for £109 you can buy approx 600 co2 carridges with the change! that would take some shooting to get through them!
    I read the PellPax page too quickly and thought it said 'Compromise and Buy' ... actually Customise.