Thread: SodaStream Adaptor Thread Problem - Brno

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

SodaStream Adaptor Thread Problem - Brno

My Brno B96 came with a SodaStream adaptor/filler, but as it is a model from the early 2000s it is no longer compatible with the square-threaded modern SodaStream bottles. So I bought an adaptor to adapt it from an aquarium supplier. This fits the SodaStream bottle fine but it won't screw more than 90 degrees into the Brno adaptor, the threads look the same pitch but clearly they aren't. The aquarium people say that the thread 'might' be the American standard CGA 320 but they cannot be certain. I know someone could make up an adaptor, I am sure magic9 could, but that would be £30 or £40. I much prefer bulk fill to using the little capsule things.

Any ideas, suggestions?

I have ordered another one from Hong Kong as it is just possible the aqurioids sent me the American spec one. Mistakes do happen with parts people ...
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 22-11-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Don't add stuff trying to bodge from one bit to another, just fit the correct part to start with.

The adaptor from your rifle to the old bottle thread needs removing & changing to an adaptor from your rifle to the new bottle thread rather than adding an old thread to new thread piece.