Thread: Is making a delrin transfer port a bad idea?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would make the part out of metal myself. Brass, mild steel and aluminum are much easier to machine accurately as plastics tend to soften due to the heat produced by machining and a lot of plastics are too elastic and holes drilled in them are smaller than the drill.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I would make the part out of metal myself. Brass, mild steel and aluminum are much easier to machine accurately as plastics tend to soften due to the heat produced by machining and a lot of plastics are too elastic and holes drilled in them are smaller than the drill.
    Looking at the tiny application I would agree. I don't see the point of using Delrin, which is an option to use when there is a lot of hard work involved and in this case there isn't. Quick job and piece of cake to knock out in brass.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD