Thread: Tuned 98 and MTC Connect.

Tuned 98 and MTC Connect.

Hello gentlemen,

I am in the process of re-vamping my NV set-up and part of that thought process involves me swapping scopes around.

I currently have the MTC Connect on my HW100 however would like to put it on my 98. I am fully aware that MTC do not endorse putting this scope on a springer but they do say it can go on low recoiling rifles which is what i would class my tuned 98 as.

Anyway, has anyone put the MTC Connect onto a springer and if so what results/damage (if any) have you achieved?

Here's to wishing everyone a happy Christmas, now stop being so sad by being on this site on Christmas Eve...Hang on a second?????
    HW100KT Adj Lam .177 - MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32
    HW98 .177 (SFS Tuned) - Hawke Panorama 4-12x40

I’m guessing they reccomend not to use them on a recoiler because of the risk to eye brows from the lack of eye relief, not because the scope isn’t rated for it.
    NO LONGER My s410

Quote Originally Posted by andy coup View Post
    I’m guessing they reccomend not to use them on a recoiler because of the risk to eye brows from the lack of eye relief, not because the scope isn’t rated for it.
    This is the reason.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I have a mtc Connect on my tx200hc and it’s the beat setup I have ever had I’ve always chopped and changed my guns and scopes but this is the first setup I’ve not wanted to change no problems what so ever using the scope on my springers I have had it on my hw99 also but on the tx200 it’s perfect for me

Also I have never had the scope hit me due to recoil it made me blink and felt weird for the the first hour please persist and you will never look back

Ive had a Connect on my tuned TX for over a year now & regularly use it for HFT, with no problems at all. I use the rubber extension & have the rubber extend a few mm past the eyepeice, when my brow touches the rubber, I'm good to go. I have tried it on not so tuned springers & like Airgun above found it made me blink & was off putting. Personally I wouldnt use it on a standard gun.

Cheers guys,

That was what i was really hoping to hear.
    I have been thinking about it for a couple of months now but didn't have the balls to give it a go (didn't want to knacker the scope).

This swop of the scopes will really enhance my NV combo, now it turns out it will enhance my day combo too.

Chuffed to bits.
    Cheers for your input guys.
    HW100KT Adj Lam .177 - MTC Viper Connect 3-12x32
    HW98 .177 (SFS Tuned) - Hawke Panorama 4-12x40

I'm pretty sure Dave cook (can't think of his username on here) has connects on all his springers I seem to remember him telling me, he said they work well on recoiling rifles. Hth
    Chris