Thread: FT left hand rifle?

garym is offline Outruns Death in his slippers

FT left hand rifle?

Daft question, even a stupid time to ask
    Just starting in FT, happy with my little cz 200s for the initial trials. Being a left hander and living in Bulgaria now my options are a bit limited.

Any recommendations for a low budget (ish ) FT rifle for a left hander? Or am I just better of perservering with the light weight ambi CZ 200s

Happy christmas to all. may your gods be with you.

Problem will be getting the left handed pellets to fit it...

Frog

got loads of those pellets mate. just put them in from the other side. Had to adapt a bit when I lost my sight in the right eye.

You enjoy your xmas.

If the FT courses are no more than 40 targets then the S200 is perfectly accurate enough and consistent, however you would benefit from some work on the stock as you'll probably need a hamster maybe 80mm deep. If it's a mark 1 or a mark 2 it's a simple job to add a hamster, a little more difficult with the mark 3 one piece stock with its rounded underside.

You're bound to get a ribbing from shooters with "proper" FT rifles of course. Funny how Air Arms fitted CZ200 barrels to the early EV2s.

Meant to add; have a cheekpiece cut as well. Example: https://i.imgur.com/f8YU8Di.jpg
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

The S200 / CZ barrel is used by owners to to replace the standard barrel on many Steyr's and other rifles, it is also the barrel often used on ISP Airstream Mk3's. If you want to add a few more shots then HUMA supply a screw on regulator which will fit straight on.

If you do feel you need a change, then look around for a second hand Air Arms MPR in left hand, or an S400 sportster, if you can find an older S400 in a beech stock they were ambidex and with a little work to raise the cheek piece and add a hamster they can be as accurate as anything out there.

Thanks guys,
    I will stick with the cz 200 then. The cz has a adjustable cheek rest, I will make a hamster, a spare cylinder gets me around the 50 shot courses.

A genuine thanks for the comments.

The big boys rifles and all the trimmings do not faze me, I just want to shoot FT. On a budget.

Again thanks. enjoy the holidays. Gary

Excellent idea to stick with the S200.

Quite a few years ago, a few of the guys in Central Southern region had proper FT stocks made for their S200's, I was on the point of getting one myself when the guy stopped making the stocks.

Just a thought for you :-)

Great imput and replies. Thanks guys.

My 200 s has a adjustable cheek piece and but pad. Just need to sort out a way to make and fit a hamster. Regulator and quick fill ordered. Almost there.

Guess I like but possibly underated the little 200s.

You could have this done, or do it yourself if you have the kit.

https://i.imgur.com/boLHgii.jpg

A length of Anschutz rail let into the underside of the fore-stock. All you need then is a couple of tee nuts and some pillar bolts, with any woodwork of your choice.

Nice piece of oak, hand crafted into a hamster, one single bolt fixing. Hamster has some studs on top to keep it in the track of the rail.

https://i.imgur.com/3jcMmYS.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Nice piece of oak, hand crafted into a hamster, one single bolt fixing. Hamster has some studs on top to keep it in the track of the rail.

https://i.imgur.com/3jcMmYS.jpg
    Rich, that is the solution. Thanks.

I already have a Anschutts rail fitted to the 200s! I have plenty of old oak offcuts, love working with wood. You came up with a winner.

Next project sorted.

Again thanks. Regards Gary