Thread: Webley woes

Webley woes

Hi all

I got the latest Raider 14 shot in July, I've just finished the first tin of pellets through it and have been pleased - however on last fill to 185 the gauge showed empty initally. Returning to the rifle a few hours later it showed 150bar. A few shots through it last weekend ok and now it reads empty, not spitting out a pellet. So I fill it again (from my bottle retested last month) and won't take any air, sounds like coming out of the back where the magazine goes in.

I emailed Webley last weekend and have had no reply.

I bought it on a day out to Huddersfield (110 mile round trip), can I drop it off at any Webley dealer nearer to me in Warrington? I've bought a number of rifles from McAvoys but not this one, would they help me do you think?

Thanks
    Andy

If bought new, your contract is with the RFD you bought it from.
    Speak to them in the first instance
    B.A.S.C. member

You can only ask mate If there a Webley stockist, I would imagine they would help.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsa View Post
    Hi all

I got the latest Raider 14 shot in July, I've just finished the first tin of pellets through it and have been pleased - however on last fill to 185 the gauge showed empty initally. Returning to the rifle a few hours later it showed 150bar. A few shots through it last weekend ok and now it reads empty, not spitting out a pellet. So I fill it again (from my bottle retested last month) and won't take any air, sounds like coming out of the back where the magazine goes in.

I emailed Webley last weekend and have had no reply.

I bought it on a day out to Huddersfield (110 mile round trip), can I drop it off at any Webley dealer nearer to me in Warrington? I've bought a number of rifles from McAvoys but not this one, would they help me do you think?

Thanks
    Andy
    My money is on a duff £5 gauge

The new Webley is made by Kral. I have the Puncher. I had the same problem as this. If you remove the stock, the gauge can be loosened, which will empty your reservoir (only a 1/4 to 1/2 turn max or the gauge may strip the thread as it exits under pressure). Remove the gauge and you'll see the hole to the gauge is miniscule, so maybe clean that before re-fitting and trying again. If the res' is empty, you might need to cock the rifle to avoid the hammer spring keeping the valve open.
    Last edited by CapitalBee; 22-11-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Thanks CapitalBee & others for replies so far, I don't think I should have to strip it down myself and I am sure they would be quick to deny any responsibility if there was evidence of a home repair job - I'll wait a few days to see if Webley reply (110 mile round trip to drop it off at Kirklees & same to pick it up I could well do without). Maybe I naively thought the idea of a dealer network was that if you had a problem any of them could help you.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    If bought new, your contract is with the RFD you bought it from.
    Speak to them in the first instance
    Sounds right,the gun is very much built to a price,but none the worse for it.
    All the best Andy.
    JB

Why not ring webley and get them to arrange a courier to pick it up from your home. They will have to return it to an rfd for you to collect however you could ask nicely to have it delivered to a more local rfd. Go to their web site and there is a warranty section to contact them. Suppliers are highland outdoors so could try them. No harm in asking whilst explaining your issue of distance. The shop can also have it shipped from your home address as long as it is faulty as it is second hand and faulty so not covered by the vcr act.

Thanks nimrod - I've not had contact since the weekend from the online form. There is no phone number unfortunately. I might contact Highland Outdoors if they don't reply - I'd rather not have to wait till the Shooting show in February to see them on their stand. They would probably be too busy with sales customers anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by edwardsa View Post
    Thanks nimrod - I've not had contact since the weekend from the online form. There is no phone number unfortunately. I might contact Highland Outdoors if they don't reply - I'd rather not have to wait till the Shooting show in February to see them on their stand. They would probably be too busy with sales customers anyway.
    I made contact with Highland regarding a faulty scope,they referred me straight back to the retailer in question.

At which point he replaced a split lense cover.

Im not far from the shop you picked it up from well that is if its the one in the town center?

Iv'e took a rifle back to them and got offered a full refund no problem but something else looked nice so that sorted it.

I think they will help you resolve this no problem at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    The new Webley is made by Kral. I have the Puncher. I had the same problem as this. If you remove the stock, the gauge can be loosened, which will empty your reservoir (only a 1/4 to 1/2 turn max or the gauge may strip the thread as it exits under pressure). Remove the gauge and you'll see the hole to the gauge is miniscule, so maybe clean that before re-fitting and trying again. If the res' is empty, you might need to cock the rifle to avoid the hammer spring keeping the valve open.
    I thought late Webley were hatsan made not kral.....you learn something every day, hope you get it sorted

Kirklees said it is to do with the hammer spring, try cocking it then filling with air. I've never heard of this, it doesn't say about it in the manual, but will give it a go at the weekend.

All sorted now, thanks to Highland Outdoors via McAvoys. Nothing to say what remedial action was taken but working fine thanks for those comments.