Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HW77 cylinder misalignment

HW77 cylinder misalignment

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a brand new Weihrauch HW77 in the summer green laminate finish. My Hawke scope and one piece sports match mount arrived in the post this morning and I eagerly sat down to fit it to the rifle this evening. The first stage is obviously to loosen the iron sight side screw and slide the rear sight off the rear of the cylinder. Upon attempting this I discovered a slight misalignment between the cylinder halves/parts thus preventing removal of the iron sight. Upon closer inspection there is evidence of damage to the scope rail where the iron sight has obviously been forced on. Has anyone else experienced this before??? I'm planning on taking the rifle back to the shop tomorrow to see what can be done. A replacement I feel is the only fair solution!!

hw77

sounds like a bad assembly at hw

Sorry to hear this, Mike.

And, yes, a replacement would seem to be the fairest solution and the "right thing".
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

It is a bugger and seriously disappointing !

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Hope you get it sorted mate, did you get it somewhere local?
    Pete
    Pete

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Is it a grey import?

The shop might have had it apart to put a UK spring in it.
    Master Debater

It's probably bluing salts left on the back block threads.

It's a strip and clean job I'm afraid.

All the back block will probably be impossible to move without a lot of force.

Take it back and see what they will do for you.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Hope you get it sorted mate, did you get it somewhere local?
    Pete
    Cheers Pete. I bought it from CH Weston in Brighton and took it back there today. All the guys in the shop inspected it and agreed that the scope rail had been damaged when the iron sight was installed at factory. They have ordered a new rifle for me with absolutely no quibble and one of the guys who lives in Eastbourne has kindly offered to drop it round to me on Saturday evening on his way home. An absolutely top service from a quality gun dealer. They've always been good but this is exceptional after care. I wish all companies small or large promoted this type of service.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I'm pleased you've had a successful outcome Mike.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Excellent outcome and brilliant service, Mike.

I think John Milewski has written article about the shop in this month's Airgun World.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Cheers guys, will have to pick up the Airgun World and have a gander.

Always liked Westons. Used them plenty of times for mail order rifles pre VCR act.
    B.A.S.C. member

How did they manage to screw in the main stock lug if the cylinder and rear block were misaligned?
    You were correct in taking that back as I’d imagine there’s further grief to be found with that particular rifle...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    How did they manage to screw in the main stock lug if the cylinder and rear block were misaligned?
    You were correct in taking that back as I’d imagine there’s further grief to be found with that particular rifle...
    It was only very fractional but soon become very apparent upon trying to remove the iron sight from the rifle.

The purchase of an HW 98 in both calibres should alleviate your concerns just before Christmas! I also bought a brand new 97 a couple of weeks ago and have had to rip her guts out already as it was jumping all over the place. Scored my lowest ever HFT round last Sunday, so the removal of the guns guts was part necessary and part vengeance. Just rebuilt it with some upgraded parts and she does feel smoother.
    I should have used my 80 which has served me well on the boinger front on and off in competition for many years now. The 97 was truly awful though!
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !