Thread: Exmouth Shooting Clubs

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exmouth Shooting Clubs

I am repeating this appeal for some help on finding out what has recently happened to the Exmouth Air Pistol and Rifle Club as the previous request for help was lost when the BBS returned to its original format as it was written during the short life of the revised BBS format.

I started the Exmouth Air Pistol and Rifle club in 1971 and by 1972 I had negotiated the use of the Littleham Village Hall as the permanent home of the club from then - until fairly recently!

When visiting Exmouth just a few weeks ago I went to visit the church hall as they record all of the users of the hall on the notice board just inside the entrance and it was then that I noticed that the Friday evening slot that has always been used by the Exmouth Air Pistol and Rifle Club for all these years was now vacant!

Nobody that I was able to speak to during my week in Exmouth had any idea what had happened to the club and could not help me to find out if they had simply moved to a new venue or if they had finally "folded" and given up!

Most (if not all) of the original members that helped me start the club also moved away from the area (and some are sadly no longer with us) so I do not know anyone that still lives locally that can help me.

The last appeal for help (a couple of weeks ago) was answered by BBS member who grew up in Exmouth and had previously also shot his air pistol at the club some years ago when he still lived there - but this reply was also lost as the BBS format was changed back so I am hoping that he will respond again - and with some luck - I may be able to find-out what has happened to the club.

Naturally as the clubs founder member I am hoping it is still alive and healthy - but I fear the worst and I am really sorry that I must have only just missed being able to see the club still active in its traditional home in Littleham Village on the outskirts of Exmouth and just in front of the entrance to Sandy Bay Holiday Park.
    Last edited by zooma; 08-12-2017 at 11:41 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.