Thread: Adjustable mount setup question

Adjustable mount setup question

I ordered some sportsmatch one piece adjustable mounts for my low shooting fx wildcat.
    Arrived yesterday ( thanks JS Ramsbottoms)
    They seem excellent quality!
    Fitted them and after some head scratching, got the pellets just touching the top right of a 2" circle @18yards
    Before that I had roughly "centred" the scope by counting the turns.
    Is that close enough to now fine tune with the scope?
    It's a bit of a pain, adjusting elevation, because the scope and mounts have to come off the gun.
    I got it what I thought was close enough with the mounts then adjusted the scope trying to beat the sunset.
    But didn't get to shoot it again in the failing light.
    shoukd I keep fiddling with the mounts or use the scope?
    Cheers Dave
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

Quote Originally Posted by Daveo View Post
    I ordered some sportsmatch one piece adjustable mounts for my low shooting fx wildcat.
    Arrived yesterday ( thanks JS Ramsbottoms)
    They seem excellent quality!
    Fitted them and after some head scratching, got the pellets just touching the top right of a 2" circle @18yards
    Before that I had roughly "centred" the scope by counting the turns.
    Is that close enough to now fine tune with the scope?
    It's a bit of a pain, adjusting elevation, because the scope and mounts have to come off the gun.
    I got it what I thought was close enough with the mounts then adjusted the scope trying to beat the sunset.
    But didn't get to shoot it again in the failing light.
    shoukd I keep fiddling with the mounts or use the scope?
    Cheers Dave
    That seems a hell of a faff.
    Was the wildcat bought new ? If so I'd be taking it back.
    You can only try with the scope. If the scope is mechanically centred you should know how many clicks you have available for elevation. Just go careful.
    B.A.S.C. member

Keep adjusting the mounts, it isn't that much of a faff, and lasts untill you take the scope off again. Keeping the scope optically centred helps a lot with alignment issues, and is well worth spending a little time on.

The hawke one I showed you in the other posts is adjusted with the scope and mounts on the rifle. Elevation only mind you.

With the hawke one you adjust it with the wheel then lock it off with a grub screw.

Right I will persevere
    Good deals with:
    Dunn220, Leon, Bullcelt, stink£r, u.k.neil, supersharpshoot, william and airgun god, GEORGEY, telgun, Simon P and stubbs4612, Wellhouse0, harpo

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    The hawke one I showed you in the other posts is adjusted with the scope and mounts on the rifle. Elevation only mind you.

With the hawke one you adjust it with the wheel then lock it off with a grub screw.
    I went with sportsmatch mounts so I’m working with what I’ve got
    Good deals with:

I managed to get it pretty close with the mounts and a few clicks got it zeroed.
    Everything's locked down, hopefully the mounts stay that way!
    Cheers for the help
    Good deals with:

You've definitely done the right thing. I have Sportsmatch adjustables on three guns, and once set you shouldn't need to adjust them again unless you change the scope.