Thread: old film with a black cat and a cadet

old film with a black cat and a cadet

I remember a film with two kids hunting a big black cat with bsa cadet I think it was set in Yorkshire in the 60s or 70s a bit like kez does anyone know the name of the film and if you can still get a copy of it

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Hi,I’ve not seen a film but that sounds very much like a book I read at school in the 80’s called ‘The Nature of the Beast’. Just looked it up and the author was someone called Janni Howker. Maybe connected?
    Atb Phil

Quote Originally Posted by the green man View Post
    I remember a film with two kids hunting a big black cat with bsa cadet I think it was set in Yorkshire in the 60s or 70s a bit like kez does anyone know the name of the film and if you can still get a copy of it
    Are you sure it was Yorkshire? I seem to remember something about a film where they were hunting a big cat on the moors above Burnley.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

As said above 'Nature of the beast'.
    Remember it from when i was a kid, good film when you're 10 but not sure it will have stood the test of time tho.
    John.
    Webley Excel, Webley Tomahawk, Air arms khamsin, Air arms Pro Sport, Bam B26-2, Bam B45-3, BSA Mercury, Sharp Innova (licenced Indonesian version).

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Well done that man. I remember this film from many years ago, possibly from '88 or a re-showing a few years later.
    Always liked the actor who played the grandad.

that's the one thank you t20

A thought provoking and well made movie but definitely not a cheerful one. The ending is very bleak. The beast is a metaphor for unemployment.

OR :THATCHER

From what I can see, the lad was lucky to escape with his life! There is no way you can go up against an adult Leopard with a BSA Cadet, Simply not enough gun. Now if he had got a BSA Cadet Major... well that would have been a whole different story entirely