Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How bizarre is this?

Just to throw in a 'wobbly'..pcp, trombone slide thingy to cock/supply ammo stored in the tube above, think pumpy shotgun/Daisy bb multishot, Loading tap perhaps just open for cleaning/access? Whatever system it uses it does at least look to have seen some use.

Carl

I saw this but I thought it got a little too much? I saw Wells prototypes in the Bluebook. A experimental maker in the 1950s in California where this gun came from. He had similar forearms? If him it went cheap, but seemed too crude?

looks to me that the large tube at the rear is a reservoir possibly co2 the slide cocks the hammer
    can't see any reason for tube to be the size it is unless it's a reservoir or the guns a springer

Yes, the knob at the back could be unscrewed to expose the bulk CO2 filler valve. The short slide action could cock the hammer, that would make it quite a pokey performing rifle.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    I'd say the slide opens and closes the tap, and the knob at the back cocks the valve hammer. Just a guess.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.