Thread: Field target scope

Field target scope

Evening all.

After many years doing plinking and bits and bobs I’ve decided to give FT ago but being thick as mince I’ve not got a clue as to what scope. Not to long ago I was given a nice Kahles FT scope but it’s a heavy old thing and complicated as I’ve said I’m thick.

So fellow shoters and recommendations on a light weight user friendly FT scope for under £500.

The big Niko seems a good choice between 400 to 500 second hand and seem to hold their second hand price well

ft scope

yes big nikko, sidewinder ed or falcon t50, all can be had for less than £500 sh. check out the scopes for sale section

Will do

New or 2nd hand?

All FT scopes are fairly heavy and complicated. The Karles is a top end piece of kit: maybe give it a chance?

If weight is a big deal and you want something more conventional try to find a bushnell 8-32 x 40.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.

If you need any help with the kahles ft scope please pm me and I'll see what I can do.

As Simon said if weight is the issue then look at the Bushnell or Burris 8-32.

Matt

Do you mean give FT a go as in you've never tried it before? Or you have tried it, but want to give it a proper go with the right kit etc?
    If you've never tried it at all, any scope will do for now. The important thing is to make sure you can get in the positions (I guess easier for FT than HFT as there's no lying down) and that you like the format and the layout of the events.

Once you know that you like it and want to carry on, then you can pick a scope.
    The good thing about doing it this way round is that you can go to a club and look through other peoples scopes before you splash out. Could save a lot of hassle in the long run if you buy the best scope for you first

ft

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Do you mean give FT a go as in you've never tried it before? Or you have tried it, but want to give it a proper go with the right kit etc?
    If you've never tried it at all, any scope will do for now. The important thing is to make sure you can get in the positions (I guess easier for FT than HFT as there's no lying down) and that you like the format and the layout of the events.

The good thing about doing it this way round is that you can go to a club and look through other peoples scopes before you splash out. Could save a lot of hassle in the long run if you buy the best scope for you first
    as above "a good bit or try before you buy advice" atb gc**

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post

good advice, try before you buy, in field conditions, difficult to make a choice looking through them in a shop.