Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emptying air from a Daystate buddy bottle

Emptying air from a Daystate buddy bottle

I need to post my recently sold wolverine, so it'll legitimately go parcel force 48 with the air released from the bottle, question is how to empty the bottle please!

Thanks

Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

secretagentmole Guest
    Fire until empty.....

Probably need to shoot it empty, unless there's a point as you fit/undo it that the valve is opened but the bottle not fully sealed & just let it hiss until empty.

Not wishing to spoil the party but I believe that even an empty air bottle is prohibited goods and RM or PF or even private couriers (or at least most of them) will not accept it for transport. So ... if it is discovered you risk the bottle being destroyed at best or even the complete package, rifle plus bottle. A way round this is to do a transfer from RFD to RFD but that puts cost up.
    I am happy to be proved wrong ...

Cheers, Phil

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Not wishing to spoil the party but I believe that even an empty air bottle is prohibited goods and RM or PF or even private couriers (or at least most of them) will not accept it for transport. So ... if it is discovered you risk the bottle being destroyed at best or even the complete package, rifle plus bottle. A way round this is to do a transfer from RFD to RFD but that puts cost up.
    I am happy to be proved wrong ...

Cheers, Phil
    I believe you are correct Phil according to page 25 of the attachment below. The only advice I would give to the OP is be careful as Royal Mail can be very .... , I will leave it there.

https://www.royalmail.com/business/s...s-Oct-2015.pdf

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I need to post my recently sold wolverine, so it'll legitimately go parcel force 48 with the air released from the bottle, question is how to empty the bottle please!

Thanks

Max
    take a nut. one that goes on something, not me. drill a hole in one of the flats. solder or weld a disc on the bottom. then screw the bottle on. lo, the air bungs orft out of the hole in the nut. HTH. or just use a nail.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by max headroom View Post
    take a nut. one that goes on something, not me. drill a hole in one of the flats. solder or weld a disc on the bottom. then screw the bottle on. lo, the air bungs orft out of the hole in the nut. HTH. or just use a nail.
    Depends which Daystate it is, as some are meant to have the bottle permanently fixed and cannot be removed until empty. If you can remove the bottle by unscrewing by hand with air in then all you need to do is remove the O ring on the bottle neck and screw it back onto the gun until it bleeds the air out through the screw thread, safest way and no damage to the bottle thread by using the wrong size nut. If the bottle won't budge by hand then you'll just have to shoot it until it is empty.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Yep, empty or full it's prohibited. So it's a lottery

You will likely find you will not be able to unscrew the bottle and nor should you ever attempt to while the rifle is holding pressure, all Daystate bottles are designed to be fixed and do not have a valve in the end like theoben bottles etc. There is a proper bleed tool for clipping onto the foster fitting that will open the fill valve to empty the gun, that's the official method. If you have not got the correct tools then shoot it empty, dont be tempted by methods such as backing off the air gauge, dangerous as well as potentially giving the new owner an issue.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

If it has a gauge fitted , slacken that of slightly

Mike

Back off the filler inlet 1/4 turn
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    Back off the filler inlet 1/4 turn
    Possibly the safest way, but it needs to be done carefully and possibly may need either PTFE tape or a dab of liquid PTFE sealing compound when re-fitting.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by airwolf1 View Post
    You will likely find you will not be able to unscrew the bottle and nor should you ever attempt to while the rifle is holding pressure, all Daystate bottles are designed to be fixed and do not have a valve in the end like theoben bottles etc. There is a proper bleed tool for clipping onto the foster fitting that will open the fill valve to empty the gun, that's the official method. If you have not got the correct tools then shoot it empty, dont be tempted by methods such as backing off the air gauge, dangerous as well as potentially giving the new owner an issue.
    Is exactly the correct answer, It might take longer but it can avoid a can of worms being opened.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Thanks for all the replies chaps. The rifle is a wolverine B type. Don't know if the bottle is removable or not but it sounds like it may be easier to post via an rfd. I have seen people proposing to send with UPS, is this or any other carrier a legitimate option? Thanks Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Thanks for all the replies chaps. The rifle is a wolverine B type. Don't know if the bottle is removable or not but it sounds like it may be easier to post via an rfd. I have seen people proposing to send with UPS, is this or any other carrier a legitimate option? Thanks Max
    DO NOT remove the BB with air in it. Unlike Rapid there is no valve on the BB
    as stated slacked the gauge until yo hear air just escaping, when the air stops hissing slacken a bit more, repeat until empty.
    I have done this to 2 wolverines with out issue.
    PS PF 48 only cover to value of £100, so make sure your buyer knows the risk. RFD transfer would be the best option