Thread: LOOKING FOR INFO ON BUDDY BOTTLE PCPs, ones that i can get filled in a RFD,

LOOKING FOR INFO ON BUDDY BOTTLE PCPs, ones that i can get filled in a RFD,

hello, as above, i am now thinking to replace my 22 PCP and air bottles to something more suitable using just a buddy bottle PCP i can take off easy and get filled, as i do very little shooting now, not interested in a pump/ or getting bottle tests done, is there anything suitable make/model/ light weight (less than 6llb ?)/ PCP, or any advice how to make a simple set up, cheers

By the nature reserve, in the Great Outwood, Wakef
    Fx verminator is under 3kg.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Valentine View Post
    Fx verminator is under 3kg.
    hello, that is what i have steve, a MK 1, realy looking to down size to some easy to use/ fill/ and cheaper, and not wanting pump or large PCP bottles. cheers

Have you thought about a Bsa Spitfire? .A nice handy light weight rifle,the standard fill model is filled using the S10 buddy bottle,so you could have a couple of bottles for when you visit your Rfd .The only possible problem with the Spitfire is servicing the gun.My one as been trouble free since I have had it.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Have you thought about a Bsa Spitfire? .A nice handy light weight rifle,the standard fill model is filled using the S10 buddy bottle,so you could have a couple of bottles for when you visit your Rfd .The only possible problem with the Spitfire is servicing the gun.My one as been trouble free since I have had it.
    Les..
    hello Les, thankyou to reply, there was a chap on here wanting to swop his but he sold it, i have since looked at these Spitfires and maybe the answer of the buddy bottle fill, are there different models as i can only find with long barrels but prefer shorter or if i can find a decent one and have the barrel shortened, is John Bowket still working on air rifles ?

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    hello, as above, i am now thinking to replace my 22 PCP and air bottles to something more suitable using just a buddy bottle PCP i can take off easy and get filled, as i do very little shooting now, not interested in a pump/ or getting bottle tests done, is there anything suitable make/model/ light weight (less than 6llb ?)/ PCP, or any advice how to make a simple set up, cheers
    Another option for you how about a Best Fittings Daytripper setup:

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...pper-cylinder/

That way you wouldn’t limit your rifle options and could easily find something light weight.

If you had to take a buddy bottle of the gun to get it recharged then the day tripper would probably offer you more scope in principle

Anyway just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by oldboyshooter View Post
    hello Les, thankyou to reply, there was a chap on here wanting to swop his but he sold it, i have since looked at these Spitfires and maybe the answer of the buddy bottle fill, are there different models as i can only find with long barrels but prefer shorter or if i can find a decent one and have the barrel shortened, is John Bowket still working on air rifles ?
    I have seen photos of the Spitfire with a shorter barrel fitted, I think John Bowket is still working,there is a chap up north(I will have to find his details) who is very good with the Spitfire and Firebird guns.
    I want my Firebird serviced so I hope to get some one to do it for me.
    The longer barrel Spitfire would probably need some adjustment if you fitted a shorter barrel.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Another option for you how about a Best Fittings Daytripper setup:

https://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shop/...pper-cylinder/

That way you wouldn’t limit your rifle options and could easily find something light weight.

If you had to take a buddy bottle of the gun to get it recharged then the day tripper would probably offer you more scope in principle

Anyway just a thought
    hello, thanks les, i have the option of getting another air cylinder or getting mine re tested but needs a new valve.