Thread: steyr challenge hunter or hft

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

steyr challenge hunter or hft

Any one using these? Would like to know more about them, and think their available in .20 and .22.

I've had a go of the HFT model at the range, lovely bit of kit I'd have one in a heartbeat, just wish I could afford one You can only have it in .177 though, the Hunting model is the one that comes in .177, .20 and .22. The Hunting is bigger/longer barreled, much prefer the stubbier HFT, balances really well with the usual Steyr accuracy but a bit OTT ergonomics wise for anything but target work.

Dont like the look of the long barrel on the hunter version, cutting down my guns, so looking for that one special set up. Might go down this road????

Personally I would now go for the HFT. Just get yourself a Steyr "double cone stripper" to go with it. The gun will do anything, although it makes a lot of noise in the process in that format, although there is nothing stopping you from fitting an adaptor and moderator.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Yes will be used for hunting, like the full dovetail. Can fit my scope forward and get better eye relief with my nv add-on.

The Hunter HFT model has the shorter barrel.

A mate of mine has a brand new challenge - it’s absolutely beautiful to shoot, very quick but totally dead.
    I’ve owned around 8 steyrs and none have shot like this one of my mates. If I were to swap my springers for PCP’s for FT, I’d buy one immediately.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation