Thread: Gun shop closed

Gun shop closed

FMJ gunshop on the A45 near rugby has shut down shame it was not a bad place nice people to

It certainly is a shame. Nice shop nice staff and I met some nice lads on the air gun side. Matt and Mark used to run a Thursday evening air rifle target shoot on the driving range at the Hotel/Golf course complex on the opposite side of the road. One of the targets was a 6" gong set at 125 yards making it a very competitive target and golf balls hanging on chains off the 50yard marker, although most were in the 25 to 40 yard range.
    Luckily for me a local farm has given me permission to use a field for target shooting, but it's not the same as having a laugh and a joke with some like minded lads.

If they mess with airgun legislation again in March, there will be more closures.

Maybe that's all part of the plan.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Horrible thing to say but I can just feel a licence system on its way from the tw-ts down South.
    Anschutz 1913. .22lr - Big Nikko. TX200.177 Mk3 Ultimate
    Taurus 357 LBR. Taurus .22 LBR BSA .22 RF Martini International Mk3.
    Marlin 357 original JM.

Fmj

It certainly is a shame that the shop has closed. We used to visit on the way to walk around
    Draycote Water. The boss is a very knowledgable knife collector/user. I have bought several knives from the shop.
    I shall miss going there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac42 View Post
    Horrible thing to say but I can just feel a licence system on its way from the tw-ts down South.
    It's the 2@s up north who opened the can of worms.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Hadrian had the right idea, build a wall and keep them up there.

I went to call in on Saturday only to find the shop all shut up. I was told by a chap who works in the next unit that the different parties involved in the running of the shop had all fell out. Obviously this is only hear say and not my opinion.

It is a shame the shop has gone as the staff were always helpful and very pleasant.