Thread: Haenel 26

Haenel 26

Morning all,
    Could someone tell me the mainspring dimensions for one of these please, or if not what more modern alternative is known to work satisfactorily in a '26?
    Thanks
    Rod

Sold mine to a member on here, perhaps he will unscrew the back cap and measure the spring for you. They are slimmer than the 28 so smaller spring, but I prefer them as a shooter.

Baz

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

That would be helpful If they could after seeing this.

Still reckon the model no relates to how difficult it is to cock these. For instance the mod 28, you can probably cock it two times out of eight attempts, the 26 with a lighter spring, two times out of six goes, did they make a model 22, if so that's what I need....

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post

Still reckon the model no relates to how difficult it is to cock these. For instance the mod 28, you can probably cock it two times out of eight attempts, the 26 with a lighter spring, two times out of six goes, did they make a model 22, if so that's what I need....
    There is a method to cocking these, hold the pistol upside down with the edge of the back end cap on a solid surface and push the grip and the barrel apart and you will engage the sear every time.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post

The model 26 was only made in .177 the 28 was made in .177 and .22