Thread: Webley Tracker valuation

Question Webley Tracker valuation

Good evening all
    I've been offered a Webley Tracker in .22, with vintage Tasco scope.
    Been asked to make an offer, however I have no idea on what a fair price would be.
    The Tracker is in VGC with no dinks or dents to the stock and original blurring is in VGC.
    The scope and mounts comes free with the Tracker.
    Looking for a valuation which is fair to both parties.
    Many thanks all

I paid £90 quid for a tatty one, complete with open sights though, as the sights are quite sought after. Seen the Deluxe models go for £250 in excellent condition. Maybe £150 from your description unless the scope is something like an AG model which seem to fetch a few quid on their own.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Under £200, a there are a few around. Deluxe are quite rare, though used still struggle to get to the £200 mark, close to mint well over.
    The mounts and Tasco could be anything and add £25 or £90??? Good nick Tracker really no more than £140-£160 because it goes bang.

If you can get the stock off and check the welds where the bracket is welded to the cylinder are all ok as they seem to fail, well they have on mine!

I would say £160 tops unless, as mentioned above, the scope is a top of the range Tasco.

Don't expect great power or accuracy from the Tracker. It's a medium range vermin tool at best.
    Great handling though.

As the scope is part of the deal, make sure it works. Don't just look through it - run the elevation and windage
    turrets through the range and also make sure point of impact changes proportionally. Easiest thing to do is zero
    the scope yourself during the test shoot.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

They're ok as a quirky garden gun but if you have to spend £200 to buy it, save your money for a HW77. I restored one a few years ago, I got it for peanuts and sold it for £90 as a nicely restored tracker. Power wise they produce about 9 ftlb.
    Fozzy

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    They're ok as a quirky garden gun but if you have to spend £200 to buy it, save your money for a HW77. I restored one a few years ago, I got it for peanuts and sold it for £90 as a nicely restored tracker. Power wise they produce about 9 ftlb.
    Fozzy
    As above. It all depends on what you want it for ... Nice to add to a collection if you accept its limitations as a useable rifle.
    Cheers, Phil

ive had trackers ,in good condition for £80 to £120 in past years deluxe versions with walnut stock up to £180