Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Park RH93 Strip down with pics

measure

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    standard wind. Neither piston can rotate, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I'm measure up when I get some time
    hi there, yes have a measure when time the more the better and find a happy medium. im totally guessing but the 177 and 22 springs should be the same so cal and measurements needed

measurements

Quote Originally Posted by dvd View Post
    Hi,
    I had a pair of spare springs a few years ago made by a chap who used to be on here, I do not recall his full name but I think it was Phil.
    These are the measurements of a standard pair as found on my Park RH93 Cal 0.22.

Dimensions and weight of the standard springs:

Short Spring, (pushing front piston rearwards).
    3.9mm wire x 19 coils Weight: 108 grammes.
    Length: 14.8cm Outside Dia:23.3mm. Internal Dia.:15.5mm.

Long Spring,
    3.3mm wire x 29 coils. Weight:94 grammes.
    Length: 16.3cm Outside Dia.:18.3mm. Internal Dia.:11.6mm.
    hi, thanks for going to the trouble , wonder if different in 177 cal ?

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by gc93 View Post
    hi, thanks for going to the trouble , wonder if different in 177 cal ?
    I think they are the same between cals... the .177 was generally about 10.5 fp
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Hi there I realise this is an oldish link but just wondering if Are they really as good as some make out and what about spares is there still any. All the best Graham.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by bozz View Post
    Hi there I realise this is an oldish link but just wondering if Are they really as good as some make out and what about spares is there still any. All the best Graham.
    we had a few at the last springer bash. most were good. spares can be tricky, but not that much is liekly to wear out, except o-rings. welds can break. springs will need replacing, but at a push, HW35 springs will do for the larger one. Reminds me - must get some spare springs for mine sometime.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

They are really over engineered, kind of their downfall really since they were expensive at the time due to this.

Spares are pretty much non-existent. Not a lot of them were made. From what I have seen I would guess less than 2000 but I could be wrong.

But they hardly break, had mine almost 10 years and my grandfather had it multiple years before that and I have never needed to replace anything on it, seals and all. So with proper maintenance they last forever.

Of course seals might go with age but they can be bought.

They are a great air rifle to own and always a talking point when at the range since you just dont see them anymore. But they are heavy....and I mean heavy, so can be a pain to lug around if you are hunting with one.

But overall I am glad I have mine and I will never get rid of it. Great piece of British air gun history.

Hi again well I don't hunt are they much heavier than a Walther lgu or the likes, did you record the reassembly by chance they look rather tricky to work on, but I suppose that is half the fun of owning one. Is there any special things to look out for when buying one, is the 0.177 or 0.22 the best to go for. The one I am thinking of going to look at is a RH93 in 0.177 with park silencer and park scope mounts. having not seen many for sale i'm not too sure on pricing. All the best Graham.

You need to shoot it to appreciate it ... deader than dead is about right. I used one for HFT (.177) for a while and people would not believe me when I showed them the bike chain through the cocking slot. Oh ... and I had to go in the 'open' class not the springer class. And very accurate as well, I recall beating several pcp shooters.
    The 93 has the safety catch. If the price is right for you, you will not regret it. If another 93 in .177 came up at the right price I would be very tempted.
    Cheers, Phil

While I
    a

While I am on the subject what are the PH Dragons like are they worth looking at or not . Cheers Graham.

The .177 versions are rarer and so cost a bit more than the .22

The RH93 has a automatic safety whilst the 91 does not.

Cant say how they compare to the Walther lgu but it does weigh more than any other air gun I have. Dont let that get you down though, great workout in the field and if you are only using it for target/competitions then the weight wont be a issue.

Price wise I have seen the listed for £400 and no takers (.22). But I have also seen them sell for over £500 (again a .22). So depends on the day really. I think the reason they dont sell sometimes is that not many even know about them so they go under the radar.

So I would say, for a .177, since its the rarer calibre and commands a premium, a price of around/between £400 to £500 seems decent. Maybe a bit more if it has a thumb hole stock ect.

Now like with any large purchase for a air rifle, it would be worth it to test one or at least hold one in person to get a feel for the rifle. That is, if you can of course.

Edit: Also I just saw that you said it has the original Park silencer and scope mounts, mine has the original silencer which is nice to have, but I have only ever seen a picture of the mounts. That might add a bit to the price but at the end of the day, they are just scope mounts.

Yes it's got a nice walnut thumb hole stock, but even so might be a bit high as he is asking over £700 so a lot of sole searching to do . All the best Graham

Yes it's got a nice walnut thumb hole stock, but even so might be a bit high as he is asking over £700 so a lot of sole searching to do . All the best Graham
    £700 does seem a bit high to me if I am honest. Well I wish you luck in your search!

Cant access the group page??

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I think they are the same between cals... the .177 was generally about 10.5 fp
    Nope the. 177cal struggled to make 10ftlb jon. Thats why i went for the. 22cal.