Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stalker leopard valuation or modify?

Quote Originally Posted by rovercoupe View Post
    Right so a bit of a panic call to where the rifle came from and it was confirmed it is not on or has been fac sect1 which could mean a few things,

Its a factory built sub 12 stalker (unlikley)
    Its been on sect 1 and then brought down at some point but all indicators point to this being impossible (very unlikley)
    OR
    its a mutt, its a titan/falcon with some bling on it and a fancy stock and possibly some stalker parts on it (most prob)
    I have read a bit about stalker and they said that parts were not interchangeable but nobody ever seemed to confirm this and could have been a rumor just to put people off swapping bits!
    also the trigger seems wrong for a stalker, or anything for that matter! but it works and after this mornings shooting with it it is def a single stage!

I took it as all that glitters is gold and it might not be.
    Reasons, its in a bit of a state, you would have to be mad to store such a expensive custom rifle the way it has, the stock has broken, could this have been salvaged off a true stalker and then given away/sold off cheap to put on a standard gun?? It also only has one sling mount in the forend nothing in the rear to attach to.

I think only one man will know the answer to this so I will have to take it for a trip one day but until that happens I think I must call it a Mutt/hybrid/ticoner thing!

It is a Stalker Leopard mate. The parts are not interchangeable, check with the text and photos of them on the Facebook JB fanpage. Why does the trigger seem wrong for a Stalker? Post a pic please.It could well have been made as 12 ft/lbs to the customers requirement, the actions were all made as one-offs, and someone has drilled the port out to get more power and make it illegal. Stalker also produced a 12ft/lbs version in a conventional sporter stock with different trigger. That was called the Lynx.
    My money would be on it being originally on ticket and taken off by some dealer. Some forces allow dealers to do this but strictly speaking it is not legal as Rapidnick says.

The trigger pics are in the link, it looks like nothing in the pics of stalkers and nothing like the titans or falcons and behind the trigger there seems to be a spring on the rod that sticks out of the trigger that is not standard!

So where does that leave me? Should it be on ticket or am I ok with it? I have the sales receipt stating its legal firearms status is as a air rifle sub 12 ftlbs but i know its ownership is what counts in law.

Taking guns off ticket by de tuning them used to be treated as fine by some forces. No problem with it - someone would have an FAC HW80, say, decide to free up the slot for something else and the police would let him do so by demonstrating he'd replaced the FAC internals with sub-12 ones. There are a few sub-12 Webley Patriots and Theoben Eliminators out there as a result (I imagine they probably shoot really horribly, and I wouldn't myself want to own a sub-12 Eliminator given that the ram can so easily be increased in pressure).

Can't do it now, but I believe that's a function of the police moving to a computerised database that doesn't allow an FAC airgun to move categories, unless legally deactivated and so certified by one of the Proof Houses.

Thanks for the reassurance i was thinking of a long stretch if i had it wrongly
    Fogot to link the pics of the trigger!

My Falcon FN19 has the "target trigger" which has a rod on the back of the blade with a spring on it. Please post a picture of the trigger/action with the stock off and it will be easy to confirm whether it is a Titan/Falcon style action.
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Even with the stock on you can see that it is a Leopard trigger on the Leopard. It compares with the photos of some of them on the JB Fanpage. The trigger is a dedicated semi bullpup all steel unit with the brass trigger blade pivoted directly above. All different, all handmade to the customers requirements according to JB, and he should know