Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
When I was trained as a pistol coach I was told not to apply any force with the middle finger as this affects the trigger pull.
If you press your middle finger against your thumb as if you are doing the "OK" gesture and then try to move your trigger finger you will feel resistance in your trigger finger. If you then press the next finger down against your thumb you will feel little or no resistance in your trigger finger.
When you pick up the pistol you should push it into the web of your hand so the springiness of your skin will keep the pistol in place with little or no grip. Doesn't work as well once you start getting old.
In my opinion the little finger needs to be in place wrapped around the grip but with no pressure on it.
Your thumb needs to be in a comfortable natural position or it won't be repeatable. I wouldn't recommend applying any pressure with it but I always have it resting on the grip.
Repeatability is the name of the game every shot just like the last how you hold it is less important than doing it the same every shot.
I've been shooting with thumb 'up' which seems to work for me. Agree repeatability is key. Also trying to get in habit of dry firing each day to get more consistancy