Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: polish chronos

Chrono

Just a question, is their any way of calibrating it? The reason I asked is the one I tried read higher than my skan. Granted the lighting conditions were not the same so I have given it the benefit of the doubt.
    mk2 rapid.22

Quote Originally Posted by bandit2329 View Post
    Hi i have Air chrony MK 3 works fine even in bad light conditions.
    Air Chrony mk3 is not polish or made by the same people

Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    Just a question, is their any way of calibrating it? The reason I asked is the one I tried read higher than my skan. Granted the lighting conditions were not the same so I have given it the benefit of the doubt.
    Yes you can move the gate distance to obtain a different reading.

Bear in mind that although light can be an issue with some chronos, you shouldn't rule out the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Yes you can move the gate distance to obtain a different reading.

Bear in mind that although light can be an issue with some chronos, you shouldn't rule out the gun.
    Thanks for the reply I am thinking of getting one as a portable option so I can take snapshots of the power curve of my guns to make sure they are legal throughout the 100 bar range.

How much are these crono's

Quote Originally Posted by keithy View Post
    Thanks for the reply I am thinking of getting one as a portable option so I can take snapshots of the power curve of my guns to make sure they are legal throughout the 100 bar range.
    They're good as a portable chrono.

Like all chronos they're susceptible to light issues, but we've been using the Polish ones (R2) in csfta as they work in harder conditions than most, even though they're not waterproofed they stand a little weather as well. Lighting wise they work in really low light, even complete darkness. Their weak point is the gates are close to each other, so varying your gun's angle, either up or down, or combined with left and right, off axis means the pellet takes longer to travel the same horizontal distance. And like all chromo's muzzle blast & vapour upsets them. But used right, consistently, they're good and easy to carry around, just need two AA batteries.

You can get your melons twisted by chronos, but I consider these the next stage up from the combro and for most purposes do what most people need pretty well.

When I'm being really fussy i'll shoot through this and a CED M2 with this in the middle, and perhaps another.

Mine's taken a couple of hits, still works. One button doesn't, but then what do you expect after it's been shot?

What's good is you can shoot through it (turn sideways) and see through the scope, so you can equate what you see at the muzzle with the target... or you can turn it back to normal and stick it down range.

Cost varies depending on where you got them... they used to be available direct and when the euro was good they were cheaper, but i suspect now they're popular they've probably set up distribution and the euro has slipped so i expect they're more expensive. But after years it's still something that's in my toolkit where as there's other chronos that aren't.

I've got a R2A, works every time, like it a lot!

Got an R2a as well, avoid but better than the other polish R3 thats worthless last 9 out of 9 times checked.

Have to put on low sensitivity just fails to register or give wild readings.
    Need controlled light to give an accurate reading LED wont do it and wont work in lower light. Bright light reads way fast. Point is no ones going to be able to tell whats right or wrong blaming other things, same with R3. Couple of times have taken the R2a outdoors it has given readings in the ball park, muzzle 9" back.
    Its only salvation is the higher gate and portability.

Quote Originally Posted by hareng View Post
    Got an R2a as well, avoid but better than the other polish R3 thats worthless last 9 out of 9 times checked.

Have to put on low sensitivity just fails to register or give wild readings.
    Need controlled light to give an accurate reading LED wont do it and wont work in lower light. Bright light reads way fast. Point is no ones going to be able to tell whats right or wrong blaming other things, same with R3. Couple of times have taken the R2a outdoors it has given readings in the ball park, muzzle 9" back.
    Its only salvation is the higher gate and portability.
    Which one is the R3 Jon? I don't see it on their website:

https://chrono.lmbr.pl/products.html

This Polish manufacturer only makes the R2, R2A and R2H as far as I can tell? Unless you are confusing it with the Air Chrony MK3 which is the Czech copy of the Polish Chrono, which is slightly better looking but doesn't work as well as you have described...

Quote Originally Posted by nurek View Post
    Which one is the R3 Jon? I don't see it on their website:

This Polish manufacturer only makes the R2, R2A and R2H as far as I can tell? Unless you are confusing it with the Air Chrony MK3 which is the Czech copy of the Polish Chrono, which is slightly better looking but doesn't work as well as you have described...
    Yep.

The R3 is not the Polish Chrono. It's Czech.
    https://www.air-chrony.com/en/content/13-wholesale

The R3 us what Air Chrony made after selling the R2 Polish Chrono for a while.

AIR CHRONY s.r.o.
    Lublaňská 1731/19
    120 00 Praha 2
    Czech Republic

R2 which is the Polish Chrono

Made by

LMBR
    10-687 Olsztyn
    Bartag ul. Cisowa 17
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by RobF View Post
    Yep.

The R3 is not the Polish Chrono. It's Czech.
    https://www.air-chrony.com/en/content/13-wholesale

The R3 us what Air Chrony made after selling the R2 Polish Chrono for a while.

AIR CHRONY s.r.o.
    Lublaňská 1731/19
    120 00 Praha 2
    Czech Republic

R2 which is the Polish Chrono

Made by

LMBR
    10-687 Olsztyn
    Bartag ul. Cisowa 17
    Poland
    I have just bought a air chorny mk3, as the r2 was out of stock, SO is this one not as good as the r2 then? it gives a slightly different reading than my, just calibrated chombro? I got the mk3 two weeks ago, maybe i should return it and get the r2 when back in stock?
    Last edited by echo1974; 08-12-2017 at 09:00 PM.