Thread: Lincoln Jeffries air pistol

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lincoln Jeffries air pistol

I know these are like hens teeth, but thought it was about time to thin out some rifles and attempt to get old of one. Anyone know of any coming up for sale? Or even a trade, I’ve got a nice Webley Service MK2 I would part with and add any additional cash needed. Thanks Neil 07879638433.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I have a good friend who owns one of these, which when he had HOLTS value his .25 Standard and his Millitary Pattern () back in 2012, he had them value his LJ pistol, too.

HOLTS recommendation back then was to enter it for auction with a guide price of £900 to £1,250, but with a bottom-line reserve price of £850.

My friend still has said pistol, however -- along with both his examples of the aforementioned BSAs as mentioned -- as he elected to move on his comprehensive collection of post war BSA and Webley rifles, instead (he kept all his over-lever Webley pistols, too, btw) ...

I am due to see him over Christmas, so I will moot the subject of sales with him, but to be honest, I wouldn't hold your breath, and if he does say yes, think you'll not get much change from the thick end of £1,300?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    .think you'll not get much change from the thick end of £1,300?
    I thought Neil was speaking of a Lincoln pistol, Gareth, not a Lincoln (Bisley) backstrap pistol. Holts' valuation will include a fair measure of 'hope', I imagine.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post

I thought Neil was speaking of a Lincoln pistol, Gareth, not a Lincoln (Bisley) backstrap pistol. Holts' valuation will include a fair measure of 'hope', I imagine.
    You are right on the first part (GW-B makes mental note to read opening posts more carfully before getting carried away in future lol), and the £1,300 was my assumption based on the upper limit HOLTS suggested, coupled with me knowing (or so I thought) how Phil [a] doesn't need the money (only sold the last lot to clear a room for when his Grand Daughter comes to stay), and [b] how he loves his collectables, although a quick call to him after posting my comments as above while all was still fresh in my increasingly senior mind, revealed that a lot has happened since I last saw him in July, as said LJ pistol has since been sold for the reserve price Phil was quoted back in 2012, namely £850 (with no fees as was a private sale). Every day is a school day, no?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    You are right on the first part (GW-B makes mental note to read opening posts more carfully before getting carried away in future lol), and the £1,300 was my assumption based on the upper limit HOLTS suggested, coupled with me knowing (or so I thought) how Phil [a] doesn't need the money (only sold the last lot to clear a room for when his Grand Daughter comes to stay), and [b] how he loves his collectables, although a quick call to him after posting my comments as above while all was still fresh in my increasingly senior mind, revealed that a lot has happened since I last saw him in July, as said LJ pistol has since been sold for the reserve price Phil was quoted back in 2012, namely £850 (with no fees as was a private sale). Every day is a school day, no?
    Fair enough, Gareth. Unless it was in exceptional condition, I'd say he did very well at £850, even allowing for the kind of inflated asking prices we sometimes see nowadays. They are not particularly rare pistols and I would have thought £600 should still get you a nice one. But who knows any more?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.