Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
Sorry to hear of your troubles Paul.

One issue with the 1911 magazines is they appear to leak after not much use and an early symptom is the pistol firing on full auto and/or the slide not locking back after the last shot. There is an easy fix though. The problem often stems from a leaky valve and tightening the valve often resolves matters. On the 1911, the valve containing the CO2 piercing needle has a reverse thread and after a few CO2 cylinders have been 'allen keyed' tightly, the valve can become loose as you are tightening the CO2 in the same direction the valve unscrews. Try tightening the valve a little to see if this stops the leaking.

I've not experienced such issues on my KWC Luger but the mag' looks like it works on the same principle.

Maybe you want to sue SIG for the broken slide like the U.S. Police officer who dropped his pistol, which then shot him in the leg

John
Been there with the 1911s. I have stripped down the valves and rebuilt them. I have even bought a new mag. I know about the reverse threads but leaking is not the problem.

I am convinced the problems arise from pure wear. I lubricate sparingly all sliding surfaces but, ultimately it all becomes too loose and the pot metal is just is not up to the job, tolerances fail and it just gives up.

SIG - now THERE'S a thought -" I still cringe in fear every time I fire a pistol - the stress is all down to you". Nah! - enough people in the world with genuine claims.