Thread: Airgun power (staying legal UK Limits)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Airgun power (staying legal UK Limits)

Hi all ,First post I know this subject has been done to death but it is still an area of frustration for many Air gunners

Basically my gripe if you like is , in recent years more and more super heavy pellets have started to appear on the market (upwards of 25gn)
    each time one of these heavier more efficient pellets appears on the market i have to Re Chrono

Where in the old days a legal chrony with bisley magnums generally meant almost all other pellets would be well below 12fpe

They then released JSB Jumbo monster at 25.39 grains which meant having to lower power yet again to allow for them.

There are now even heavier pellets such as the JSB Pile driver at 30gn!

It may not be the case for all PCP's but certainly for many i have tested heavier pellets have given higher readings on the chrono , so now i am down to 9 ft lbs with AA Field simply to ensure i stay legal even with these super heavy pellets (That i never actually use!) these pellets are all aimed at FAC air rifles but will push many bog standard un tampered PCPs over the limit.

Is there any hope they (the authorities) could introduce some kind of Standardised Test. that both the public & police could follow?