Thread: Blackbrook County Sports

Blackbrook County Sports

Paid Blackbrook County Sports (Weeford) a visit today, they have not been open long so wasn't sure what to expect, I was very impressed, staff were friendly and helpful, nice big car park, paid my £7, spent 30 mins on the covered planking range which has loads of targets with some great long range targets, then did the 30 lane hft/ft course which was good, great mix of long range and high up targets, on par with the Furnace Mill, if your looking for a play mid week in the Midlands this is the place, I will definitely be going back.

Been going for a few weeks now - great place and only a couple of miles up the road from my house.
    Early days yet but still a great set up and nice people.
    Well worth a visit.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Hi, what does it cost to shoot there please?
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

£7 all day

Thanks, sounds like a bargain!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Hi all,

They also do a £25 a year membership which drops it to £5 per day.

The owner Chris is very friendly, and is more than happy for you to build and put out extra targets, but there are a shed load out already.

If you leave an adaptor for your PCP on site you can also fill your rifle from the on site bottle at no cost!

The FT/HFT course is a good shoot, I'm yet to clear it to HFT rules! If there's a group of guys on here that would like to get together and start a formal club I'm sure Chris would be open to regular events. I live 10 minutes away and would love to get involved, but wouldn't know where to start!

He's got big plans for the range including a cafe, on site shop and alot more range space, covered shooting areas etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Staffs86 View Post
    Hi all,

They also do a £25 a year membership which drops it to £5 per day.

The owner Chris is very friendly, and is more than happy for you to build and put out extra targets, but there are a shed load out already.

If you leave an adaptor for your PCP on site you can also fill your rifle from the on site bottle at no cost!

The FT/HFT course is a good shoot, I'm yet to clear it to HFT rules! If there's a group of guys on here that would like to get together and start a formal club I'm sure Chris would be open to regular events. I live 10 minutes away and would love to get involved, but wouldn't know where to start!

He's got big plans for the range including a cafe, on site shop and alot more range space, covered shooting areas etc.
    My word, I live just around the corner from you (Shire Oak)
    Give me a shout if ever you’re stuck for a lift to BlackBrook, more than welcome to jump in.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    My word, I live just around the corner from you (Shire Oak)
    Give me a shout if ever you’re stuck for a lift to BlackBrook, more than welcome to jump in.
    Same to you Craig! I've yet to shoot from the shelters, I've been waiting for a calm day to re-zero my Compatto after a strip down and good clean.

It would be great to gather a few like minded airgun nuts for a decent session down the range in the future!

Absolutely - perhaps we can arrange something on here after the New Years celebrations have worn off.
    I intend to pop up over the Christmas holidays and try the clay pigeon stands out.

Hi all,

Please see Blackbrooks website for updates on the progress of this new range in the Midlands!

http://www.blackbrookcountrysports.co.uk

They now have fully undercover shooting positions for 12, outdoor positions for the same and they are already extending both, targets from 10 to 70 yards, 2 permanent 15 lane (30 target) FT courses, one in the woods and one field course. They are also going to be hosting Midland Field Target Association rounds, one next month, with more planned in the summer.