Thread: woeful fwb value please

woeful fwb value please

Morning all.
    I have been haggling with a chap with an fwb 124 it has an original period scope , 3-9X32 I think, anyway it started out at £350 went down to £300, then the guy showed some different pictures, rust on the barrel and worse still stock has been broken off at the pistol grip, put back well, but still there, the guy says he will take £250 for a quick sale! I said I would ask the learned gentlemen on here for a true valuation.
    Thank you for looking,
    Jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Morning all.
    I have been haggling with a chap with an fwb 124 it has an original period scope , 3-9X32 I think, anyway it started out at £350 went down to £300, then the guy showed some different pictures, rust on the barrel and worse still stock has been broken off at the pistol grip, put back well, but still there, the guy says he will take £250 for a quick sale! I said I would ask the learned gentlemen on here for a true valuation.
    Thank you for looking,
    Jamie.
    With a repaired stock... £85?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Morning all.
    Thank you for looking,
    Jamie.
    Look for another example, if the guy hasn't told you from the onset about it's condition who knows what other misery awaits

£250-70 ish should buy you a really, really nice original example once you’ve waded through the overpriced stuff on g*nstar etc. Hold out I say.

Look out in freeads or gunstar, you'll get a really nice example for 250-300. Frankly he's taking the p### and thinks it's worth more than it is.
    Fozzy

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I bough a slightly tatty one with light surface rust but intact stock for just over a ton. £75-£85 sounds right.
    For £250 it should be damn near perfect.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Walk away is what I say.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Lots made, popular rifle.
    £250 should get a lightly used one, excellent. Two years ago you could have got a mint one for that.
    Scrappy ones £140, broken stock ones with rust under £100.

Again still plenty out there. Unless you have a pile of FWB Sports to repair and need spares then why bother at any price for a poor example??

Period scope? Depends what it is. Can be £80 or £25. Mounts £5 or £45. Most that are quite nice add £30 to the value.
    Last edited by Muskett; 05-12-2017 at 05:07 PM.

It sounds like you are/were looking for a distance sale given that you are working on pictures. Given that the initial (major) faults were not mentioned or made apparent I would suspect there are more problems yet to be discovered. The broken stock suggests that the rifle was either dropped or fired with the barrel broken. So there could be a bent barrel, damaged scope, damaged open sights or a combination of all three. Also likely to need to budget for a service/rebuild too.

So if you were planning to travel to view and buy it I would not bother unless it was for sale for peanuts as a project rifle.

If you were thinking of agreeing a price to post it to you, don't. I guarantee it will be a disappointment you will regret (unless it is again available for peanuts).

Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Gents, thank you all for such candid opinion, you are all confirming what I thought.
    I told the gent straight away it wasn't for me.
    I did also suggest unless he is a cage fighter or ex sas he might like to amend his advert.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Walk away is what I say.
    Rich.
    Is the right answer. ...he is taking the pish.
    Smile!...today is the day you worried about yesterday. :-)

Supanova II Weymouth....http://www.supanova-charters.co.uk/

Leave it alone. Sick to death of sellers like that !
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.