Thread: New toy - Hw95 sfs tuned

Cool New toy - Hw95 sfs tuned

Well I sold up a couple of years ago and decided recently I'd like to get back into shooting again.
    As usual I scanned all available forums for a suitable rifle to get back into the sport. Couple of bargains missed and then decided I'd pop into my local airgun shop in poole to get some pellets for a hw45 I picked up to plink in the garden with my boys with.
    I then spotted a hw95 .177 with a sfs sticker across the cylinder...it also looked brand new. Not a mark. I asked with equal measures of apprehension and hope how much it was.
    I was then told in a rather uninterested manner that it was a very reasonable price as the owner was purely selling it through the shop. Owner of the shop admitted they were just getting 15 from sale. Bit of haggling later and phone calls to seller equalled a new very happy owner.

Is a 2017 hw95 in luxus stock and tuned by sfs. Original owner bought it, sent it off for tuning, received it back then decided to go the pcp route...

Went out with it today and zeroed it. 50 yard shots smashing clay pigeons and it was blowing an absolute hooly! Can't wait to get out in still conditions. It is so smooth, very little recoil and hardly any noise from the action on firing. Very happy.

https://i.imgur.com/YIDK1MN.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/Try3Fyk.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/4RsukIf.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/4RsukIf.jpg
    Last edited by rcs101; 07-12-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Not sure what they do differently, but if they had not tuned his gun for him, and done one sourced by themselves it would have been called a spectre which I treated myself to as a fiftieth present. At first (quite a while) I had a serious love hate relationship with it. Everyone loved it's manners but struggled with consistent accuracy. I tried selling it, but you pay so over the odds of a 95, no one will give you the money invested.
    BUT!!!!! it ain't up for sale any longer, I've now really gelled with it and can produce what is for me acceptable accuracy, to the extent I've this week ordered an imp. Won't see it till April, but it will be worth the wait.
    Enjoy your new rifle! If Tony worked his stuff on the trigger too it must be very nice to shoot.

Nice one, Mr Rcs.

Looks like a very recent one, too.

They're lovely guns. I've had the pleasure of shooting a SFS tuned one at one of our Bash events and it shot beautifully.

Jamie...getting an Imp, eh? Nice one.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I know tone I'm just a consumerist whore!
    I've kept (almost) buying second hand ones sooooo many times. But I keep thinking that it must be a new one. I love the 99,s I've got two at the mo, in fact I only picked the one that for some reason decided to self ignite at the summer bash from Nick tonight.
    The other was self fettled by slugger, however I just know that after Tony wall has done his magic on one it will be (the one) for me.
    It's a bugger, he refuses to do one that have been fettled by anyone else, so I can't send the combustible one in for his treatment.
    Anyway the waiting list is so long I've got plenty of time to save the pennies.

I thought you might have also ordered the Snipe (the .25 version) whilst you were at it, with all the talk of the big bore ones recently!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I thought you might have also ordered the Snipe (the .25 version) whilst you were at it, with all the talk of the big bore ones recently!
    Nah, as I was saying to Nick earlier I couldn't be happier with the 77 it's blooming brilliant and I've not even looked inside yet. The lightening is going to be a challenge but I really like it so willing to put a few quid into the project.

I have a Dave price (wonkey donkey ) tuned 95 my god it's good , far better than my SFS IMP

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    I have a Dave price (wonkey donkey ) tuned 95 my god it's good , far better than my SFS IMP
    Yep, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As we both live in wimborne we should meet up and compare!

Quote Originally Posted by rcs101 View Post
    As we both live in wimborne we should meet up and compare!
    Yes ,why not be good to meet you